Sneaky declick update

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture

QQ Supporter
Ahoy all,

I've reached my first little milestone on the declicking - a decent removal.

Currently implementing it in a simulation environment but the algorithm should let me do it in real-time in a processor, or if not completely real-time, at least less than 10ms of delay. So far, anyway.
Next will be testing it on larger passages, working out which variables will be adjustable with the strength knob, to what degree, and then I'm going to have a crack at de-crackle.
This is still early days but it's promising.

The original tiny snippet with the click and the removal is attached. Here's a visual as well:

clickwav.png

Bonus points if you can guess what album it's from. Not you, Chucky, you know the answer.

Cheers
~D (Mrs)

Attachments

• click.wav
    52.1 KB
  • declick.wav
    52.1 KB
Ahoy all,

Currently implementing it in a simulation environment but the algorithm should let me do it in real-time in a processor, or if not completely real-time, at least less than 10ms of delay. So far, anyway.
Next will be testing it on larger passages, working out which variables will be adjustable with the strength knob, to what degree, and then I'm going to have a crack at de-crackle.

The original tiny snippet with the click and the removal is attached. Here's a visual as well:

View attachment 110076

Bonus points if you can guess what album it's from. Not you, Chucky, you know the answer.

Cheers
~D (Mrs)
I do know the answer but my lips are sealed. I claim its a 100% removal, not bad for 1.5 years work I say.

Ahoy all,

View attachment 110076

Cheers
~D (Mrs)
Impressive!

Ahoy all,

View attachment 110076

Cheers
~D (Mrs)
Is the de-crackle mainly a similar but more sensitive process than de-click?

When I run my SM Quad decodes & Marantz demods thru RX 8; it takes about 4-5 minutes per channel on de-click, but approximately 20 min. for de-crackle.

Would be great to have that in real time; just hope it’s not another 1 1/2- 2 years before finished product arrives 😬

Back