RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the re-release of Toulouse Street, I'm hoping for a Quadio (or maybe a High Fidelity Pure Audio) Blu-ray audio containing both the 4.0 mix and the 5.1 mix of the Doobie Brothers "The Captain and Me".

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
It’ll be a triple dip on Toulouse Street (have the Quadio box and the MoFi SACD) but what the heck, why stop now. Don’t have the other three in any format so overall this is a nice selection.
For myself, Toulouse Street was the best sounding of the Doobies from their box set but I’m in for the other three!

For me ”Vices” is their strongest album song for song, and the recording is pretty damn good. So since we are getting Toulouse Street (first) I think that all four might come out in order of release sequence as single Quadios.

These single standalone reissues like Doobies are probably good news for the average listener and their home theater rigs even if we have them already. It might mean “Court and Spark” could appear as well once the Joni box sells out.

I’d like the Best of Aretha Franklin if they want to reissue previous quads from Warner. It’s good that there are still plenty of options remaining.

i have to say i'm surprised the Doobies reissue is getting all the attention 🤷🏻‍♀️

for me, the big news is we have the best of the Jefferson Starship Quads coming up and even bigger news not one but 2 previously unreleased Rock Quads, wow!! 🤩🥳

that Foghat LP in particular is a great album, i can't wait to hear what they did with it in Surround!! 😋💘

instant purchase as soon as the buy link goes live ✌️😍

😳 I’ll lay my cards on the table and confess that I’m a (relatively) poor guy that happens to love surround music, and am forced to enjoy it on my humble system. Champagne taste on a beer budget, you might say. If I could afford to buy every Quadio just to sample it, I surely would (save for The Divine Miss M - great reviews, but I have my limits 🤷‍♂️). For players, let’s just say that $24,000 was the down payment on my house 17 years ago. $1,500 for an eq alone would guarantee me a divorce.

I’m not a class envy type. It’s great hearing from you guys (and gals) that can afford all these discs plus DAC and FLAC players, and can make your own surround mixes and enjoy these recordings on incredible systems. It would be great to have all that, but since I can’t, I’ll just tweak my limited eq settings and enjoy what I can have. Surround music is wonderful no matter how you hear it.

Eagerly awaiting Muscle Of Love on Quadio on 10/26! 😁🙏
Your entire post is worth replying to, but to cut right to the chase, has the Cooper Band album reissue w/ quad been confirmed for 10/26???
A Saturday release, so cool!

Last edited:
These titles are definitely more up my alley. Like others these days, I neither have the spare cash or space to buy everything that I might have a passive interest in, but it looks like I'll be grabbing 3 of the 4 as I already have the Doobies box. Unless I hear that the mastering on Toulouse Street has been revisited for this release.

The Foghat, which I've only just sampled on YouTube, seems a little too straightforward rock and roll to me, but if the quad mix and the mastering is good, it could also be a great album to turn up loud and enjoy.

😳 I’ll lay my cards on the table and confess that I’m a (relatively) poor guy that happens to love surround music, and am forced to enjoy it on my humble system. Champagne taste on a beer budget, you might say. If I could afford to buy every Quadio just to sample it, I surely would (save for The Divine Miss M - great reviews, but I have my limits 🤷‍♂️). For players, let’s just say that $24,000 was the down payment on my house 17 years ago. $1,500 for an eq alone would guarantee me a divorce.

I’m not a class envy type. It’s great hearing from you guys (and gals) that can afford all these discs plus DAC and FLAC players, and can make your own surround mixes and enjoy these recordings on incredible systems. It would be great to have all that, but since I can’t, I’ll just tweak my limited eq settings and enjoy what I can have. Surround music is wonderful no matter how you hear it.

Eagerly awaiting Muscle Of Love on Quadio on 10/26! 😁🙏
I’ve noted that my standard is “pretty good.” A/V gear isn’t at the top of my list of things I spend money on. Note that I haven’t had a working turntable for six years.

So I don’t nave a Trinnov pre-pro (it’s Marantz, which is pretty darn good) and I don’t have Kaleidascape, and I’m not particularly envious of those who do.

We all have limitations as to what we can afford, and media isn’t usually expensive (yeah, I know about the latest George Harrison farce), so gathering up media that’s available today but maybe not something you can fully appreciate with your present setup won’t ruffle my feathers. I own plenty of discs with Atmos that I can’t hear.

The Foghat, which I've only just sampled on YouTube, seems a little too straightforward rock and roll to me, but if the quad mix and the mastering is good, it could also be a great album to turn up loud and enjoy.
There are several killer tunes on this album. It's gonna sound amazing in quad and turned up loud! There are also a couple of weaker tracks there, like many albums. 70% of the album I think is quite strong. And the stereo mix always sounded congested I thought, so quad can maybe let it breath a bit more.

Nice bundle, I just think that "Toulouse Street" could have been left for another day. Perhaps including it helped to speed up this new Quadio bundle as only three new releases had to be prepared? Nice to see "Dragonfly" but I'm really waiting for "Spitfire". Sorry about the nit picking.

I purchased the last bundle through Warner Music Canada to avoid the double tax fiasco. Just have to be patient and wait an extra few weeks. Incidentally I'm still fighting with Canada Customs, I even got my MP involved but have heard nothing back as of yet other than I agreed to exchange information via email. This is so odd as I purchase music all the time from all over the world and seldom ever get charged tax or duty. With most of those purchases no tax is collected at all. Now in the case of Rhino they want to charge the tax twice!

Back