Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an odd issue on which I would appreciate some suggestions or clarifications. I've used this program successfully in the past and as recently as yesterday, but for some reason today I am unable to connect using 192.168.1.100.2002, which has worked for me in the past. I don't get any response by pinging the address. Has anybody else had this issue? Thanks.
Hi, I'd recommend going back and checking the Network Settings in the Sony player to see if it changed somehow.

It appears my Sony's ethernet port is pooched, tried it with two different cables and no luck (and those cables work on other devices).

I've always kept my software like this in my downloads folder and was trying a new cleanup tool from Avast (free trial) - it cleaned out that folder and removed from Recycle Bin so I had to re-download everything and re-learn it. Going fine now though and I'm not in a rush so 2.4GHz wireless will suffice - ripping Violator and Songs of Faith SACDs so I can have them for streaming.

Anyway, why am I boring you with this anecdote? Because in one of the first posts it talks about extracting the GUI and Extract etc to the Desktop. Do this! Then you won't have your **** deleted by aggressive software in the name of PC performance! haha

Also as far as IPs go, apps on your phone for your router are handy - don't need to bother looking up the IP of the Sony on a monitor, the TPLink app told me "Sony Blu-ray player now connected as 192.168.0.25"
:)

Going fine now though and I'm not in a rush so 2.4GHz wireless will suffice - ripping Violator and Songs of Faith SACDs so I can have them for streaming.
JMHO, but never leave anything important to a wireless connection. Just run a eithernet cable to your box and get your fastest connnection speed with reliable data transfer.

JMHO, but never leave anything important to a wireless connection. Just run a eithernet cable to your box and get your fastest connnection speed with reliable data transfer.
“It appears my Sony’s Ethernet port is pooched”

First line of my post.
😂

My entire LAN is gigabit wired for every other AV device (AVR, Shield, Sony X8002, PS4, etc), tested using LAN speed test.

👍

Last edited:
Hey! Hopefully somebody is is still reading this forum and can help me. I have a Sony BDP-s5100 that I have successfully ben using to Rip SACD's. I use the AutoScript usbstick and have it wirelessly connected to rip. Everything is working great. However, for the first time I noticed that all my Rips are at PCM Samplerate: 44100Hz. While other peoples rips, of the same album are PCM Samplerate: 88200Hz. Everything else is identical Samplerate: 2822400 hz Bitrate 5645 kbps Codec DSD64. For the life of me I can't see what to do to change my PCM Samplerate to rip at 88.2 instead of 44.1. I don't see anywhere either in the USB autoscript, the SACD Extract software (any version) to change the samplerate. Is it because of my player? I looked in the manual and don't see any settings that will correct that either. I should also mention I'm ripping directly to ISO.

If someone could please assist I would be incredibly grateful as this is most frustrating.

Hey! Hopefully somebody is is still reading this forum and can help me. I have a Sony BDP-s5100 that I have successfully ben using to Rip SACD's. I use the AutoScript usbstick and have it wirelessly connected to rip. Everything is working great. However, for the first time I noticed that all my Rips are at PCM Samplerate: 44100Hz. While other peoples rips, of the same album are PCM Samplerate: 88200Hz. Everything else is identical Samplerate: 2822400 hz Bitrate 5645 kbps Codec DSD64. For the life of me I can't see what to do to change my PCM Samplerate to rip at 88.2 instead of 44.1. I don't see anywhere either in the USB autoscript, the SACD Extract software (any version) to change the samplerate. Is it because of my player? I looked in the manual and don't see any settings that will correct that either. I should also mention I'm ripping directly to ISO.

If someone could please assist I would be incredibly grateful as this is most frustrating.
Hi
Always great to see its still working as advertised!!
I would add my recommendation to contacting Mikey Fresh.
He's a top bloke.

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/

Not sure PCM samplerate has anything to do with the ripping process as you're ripping DSD not PCM. Are you not then manually converting to PCM afterwards? For example I use DBpoweramp for DSD > PCM which has multiple settings for sample rate. I wasn't aware sacd_extract had an option for PCM output.
It does. Not converting anything. Rip it as an ISO and mount it in Foobar and play through my DSD dac non-conversion. But DSD does have sample rates. and it should be 88.2 not 44.1

All of them. :( But the last 3 I did are:

Crosby Stills Nash Young
The Church Starfish
Matthew Sweet Girlfriend
Did your player change default to stereo and you are ripping the wrong layer, although I didn't think it worked with the CD layer.

Setup Sony Player
a. Setup -> Audio Settings -> DSD Output Mode (Off)
b. Setup -> BD/DVD Viewing Settings -> BD Internet Connection (Do not allow)
c. Setup -> Music Settings -> Super Audio CD Playback Layer (SACD)
d. Setup -> System Settings -> Quick Start Mode (On)
e. Also make a note of the IP address as this will be required in the SACDExtractGUI ripping process.

Not sure PCM samplerate has anything to do with the ripping process as you're ripping DSD not PCM. Are you not then manually converting to PCM afterwards? For example I use DBpoweramp for DSD > PCM which has multiple settings for sample rate. I wasn't aware sacd_extract had an option for PCM output.
Agreed... The sample rate of a DSD64 stream (from an SACD) is 2.8224MHz (2822.4kHz) @ 1-bit. And like you say, sacd extract or ISO2DSD does not convert DSD to LPCM.

So something else is at fault here!

Last edited:
It does. Not converting anything. Rip it as an ISO and mount it in Foobar and play through my DSD dac non-conversion. But DSD does have sample rates. and it should be 88.2 not 44.1
Not sure if this is the issue; if not then we should call up ol' @SACD_ripper, he's got a good handle on this stuff.

If you're using Foobar, check the config as below for PCM rates- under:
File -> Preferences-> Tools-> SACD

FB2K TO PCM.jpg

DSD doesn't have those sample rates, that's coming from your playback chain. I only ever rip to DSF. When I play my DSF files my AVR shows DSD 2.8224 MHz

Back