Sony Buys Queen Catalog for Over a Billion Pounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe my personal bias here because outside of a few hit songs, I never got Queen?
I just don't understand the money trail in the music business.
Mercury's been dead for 33 years with the band making little new music of substance since.
So how does Sony pay $1billion pounds (1.25+ billion US) for the catalog and hope to make a future profit from this. :unsure:
From what I understand it's all what the bean counters say are the money makers,I have a family member who retired not long ago from Universal Pictures story department told me alot good stories were never filmed because of not enough CGI in them.

From what I understand it's all what the bean counters say are the money makers,I have a family member who retired not long ago from Universal Pictures story department told me alot good stories were never filmed because of not enough CGI in them.
Some of the best films ever made have no CGI in them at all. Many have no special effects either. I still love watching them.

I’ve seen some movies with good stories that were ruined by too f’ing much CGI. “Midway” tops the list.

Back