Steven Wilson Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) Atmos Mix Coming (Blu-Ray Sept. 27, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Steven Wilsons' Atmos mix is wild enough to match the nightmarish music and makes an upgrade worth it. However, I'm really hoping Mikael Åkerfeld and Opeth have something new in the works for this year or next - its been far too long since we've heard from that fantastic band.
Me too.

I'm hardly going to work through my already pretty extensive 5.1 collection, re-buying it all in Atmos. Especially where the 5.1 mixes are already great.

But a new Storm Corrosion or Opeth in Atmos. That would be wonderful!

Last edited:
Sept. 27th 🥺 I want to be Corroded NOW... UuuuGH!!! :LOL:

SC.jpg

Beautiful album. I just wish Mikael
sang on it more. I’ll stay with my 5.1 Bluray for now I think

Agreed. Love the album but I was always left with the feeling it would have been even better with more vocals from Mikael.

As I said on the previous page of the thread, I'm very happy with the original CD/Blu-ray edition. Might consider purchasing the standalone Blu-ray with the new Atmos mix if the reviews are glowing, but I'm not preordering it.

It's a real shame this excellent music video was not included on the Blu-ray. I still think this is Jess Cope's best for Steven. If this gets re-released physically, I hope it will be included with the audio option of surround.
It is. Probably the BD-A was ready, but not the video at that time.

DIY: I combined the YT download with a 5.1 FLAC in a MKV file. Works fine.

Back