Talking Heads “77” Deluxe Edition in 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be exciting if all those Atmos mixes got physical releases (maybe even an updated Brick!). Bummed to not see Love → Building On Fire in the list of Atmos tracks, as I’d really like to hear that in Atmos.

Very curious about that CBGB concert recording. I know a handful of bootleg Talking Heads live recordings circulate, but only Stop Making Sense and The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads are official

I do not want a BD style brick in Atmos but would buy if it was presented. Did that make any sense whatsoever? o_O🤪

What I’d really like to see is, everyone’s favorite, a super deluxe edition that includes a BD with an Atmos mix, CD’s, Vinyl and a detailed book about the making of the album, etc. with lots of photos from the period. I would pay upwards of $250 for it and each and every album release in their catalog.

Until then, I’m very content with my current Brick of DVD-A’s.

Krazy Kat.jpg

Krazy Kat sez, "I livs my Talkinthehedz DVadios briks nuttin' else does I needz."

hmm.. 🤔 i don't normally bleat on about the cost of Surround stuff, in this too often dreadfully excessive hobby of ours we have to suck it up or miss out.. but £85.99 for a wee book and 4 discs..!? 🤯

£40-£50 quid and i'd be in no questions asked but £85 smackeroos!? 🤦‍♀️ maybe it'll get discounted somewhere sometime 🙏

hmm.. 🤔 i don't normally bleat on about the cost of stuff in this too often dreadfully excessive hobby of ours we have to suck it up or miss out.. but £85.99 for a wee book and 4 discs..!? 🤯

£40-£50 quid and i'd be in no questions asked but £85 smackeroos!? 🤦‍♀️ maybe it'll get discounted somewhere sometime 🙏
My exact views Adam.
So I put it in my wish list for now.
But if the price don't budge much, no doubt I will cave in...

My exact views Adam.
it's a great album and a fun mix (even if the Atmos doesn't do a helluva lot more than the old 5.1) but it just feels a bit much, unless the package is more fulsome than it appears at first glance.. 🤔

ah, i dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️ i'll probably cave in nearer the time as well due to the dreaded FOMO syndrome! 😂

It should be the same Jerry Harrison mix.
Harrison + (the late) E. T. Thorngren.
hmm.. 🤔 i don't normally bleat on about the cost of Surround stuff, in this too often dreadfully excessive hobby of ours we have to suck it up or miss out.. but £85.99 for a wee book and 4 discs..!? 🤯

Shows up as £71 & change for me, but maybe just because I'm in the US and they're deducting VAT? Still a bit dear.

Tracklisting:
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/talking-heads-77-deluxe-edition-2024.1182179/

My exact views Adam.
it's a great album and a fun mix (even if the Atmos doesn't do a helluva lot more than the old 5.1) but it just feels a bit much, unless the package is more fulsome than it appears at first glance.. 🤔

ah, i dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️ i'll probably cave in nearer the time as well due to the dreaded FOMO syndrome! 😂
:unsure: It does seem a bit steep at £85 considering how much the Rhino Quadios & Atmos are per BD. It is the FOMO that drives my madness, I've taken to writing a list down now, along with the cost, the result is I've only bought a third of them....... well so far :LOL:

:unsure: It does seem a bit steep at £85 considering how much the Rhino Quadios & Atmos are per BD. It is the FOMO that drives my madness, I've taken to writing a list down now, along with the cost, the result is I've only bought a third of them....... well so far :LOL:
FOMO, Dunc, shouldn’t be your only concern. Scaling the already immense heights of your Mount ATMOS pile should, IMO, be first and foremost. At £85 for an album which already has a wonderful 5.1 remix… it is a bit STIFF …… especially considering I just paid under $21 for Bowie’s wonderful ATMOS remix of ZIGGY! But as always, it’s your call! Are those height channels really worth the upgrade …… because in the end you may require the services of a Sherpa to reach the zenith of Mt ATMOS, UK and that may cost your more than a few pounds!

FOMO, Dunc, shouldn’t be your only concern. Scaling the already immense heights of your Mount ATMOS pile should, IMO, be first and foremost. At £85 for an album which already has a wonderful 5.1 remix… it is a bit STIFF …… especially considering I just paid under $21 for Bowie’s wonderful ATMOS remix of ZIGGY! But as always, it’s your call! Are those height channels really worth the upgrade …… because in the end you may require the services of a Sherpa to reach the zenith of Mt ATMOS, UK and that may cost your more than a few pounds!
Good point I don't want to end up scraping the bottom of the International Space Station :ROFLMAO:

Prices on these deluxe sets do seem to be increasing. The Leprous Melodies Of Atonement "artbook" (2CD with atmos blu-ray) is going for $60-$80 at most outlets which is ridiculous IMHO. Shelling out that much for a single album just sticks in my craw, even if the mix is good and I like the music. It makes keeping the Apple Music subscription easier to justify.

Back