Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" (new Blu-Ray Audio release out in July; A24 Blu-Ray of film now available)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The film is showing in IMAX on September 11 with the interview of the band from Toronto simulcast afterward.

Will be interesting to see if they can stand within 30 feet of each other. In the supplement from the 2009 blu-ray, there's a supplement showing the band reuniting for a Q&A at the San Francisco International Film Festival, where Stop Making Sense was given a 15th anniversary screening. It was very conspicuous that David Byrne was far away on the other side of the room from the other band members, when they hung around afterwards. Chris Franz' book, Remain In Love, which came out three years ago, uses an enormous number of pages to detail how much they hate David Byrne and how far on the autism spectrum he is. So if they all hug and kiss each other in Toronto, please let me know!

Might be interesting to see on the IMAX widescreen.
I've got the BD here and it's a hard one to beat on my 85" Sammy.
Surprising how much the BD's are still going for on ebay, hard to find on
fleabay for under $40, some much more.
If you never seen it, this is a GREAT concert!

A recent story in USA Today says that the bandmembers will reunite for a Q&A with Spike Lee for the restored print's screening at the Toronto International Film Festival. Hmm...lemme see...do we know any resident Torontonians who could go and give us a report...? :unsure:
They made nice, even if it wasn't a lovefest. Maybe the biggest revelation--one I hadn't seen in prior reporting--was this, from Jon Pareles's review in yesterday's Times: "For the new restoration, the production and distribution company A24 employed a forensic film expert to track down the film’s original negatives. They were stored, inexplicably, at an Oklahoma warehouse owned by MGM, a company that never had business dealings with Talking Heads."

1694625503124.png

So good to know that even after all these years in an industry that
eats relationships alive, the Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz are still together.
They have 2 sons but I don't know much more.
It was good to see they have both recovered from the terrible auto accident
they were in last year.

Check out Chris' book. Great read. Those two are totally devoted to each other. On the other hand, David doesn't come off too well.

So good to know that even after all these years in an industry that
eats relationships alive, the Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz are still together.
Those two are totally devoted to each other.
As I get older, I appreciate things like this a lot more. So much carnage in the realm of relationships in music (and life).

Seeing those two stand the test of time brings a smile.

Check out Chris' book. Great read. Those two are totally devoted to each other. On the other hand, David doesn't come off too well.
David has always struggled with heavy emotional issues.
A real shame since he is a musical genius and could have
brought so much more to the world if he had been a bit more stable.

David has always struggled with heavy emotional issues.
A real shame since he is a musical genius and could have
brought so much more to the world if he had been a bit more stable.

I've seen theories that he's on the specrum (autism), which would explain a lot of his quirkiness (in creativity and mannerisms) as well as his difficulties with relationships.

I've seen theories that he's on the specrum (autism), which would explain a lot of his quirkiness (in creativity and mannerisms) as well as his difficulties with relationships.
I think that very well could be the case.
Even listening to his responses in this kind of supports that.

As to Tina & Chris, married 1977, only a few more years to go for that Golden 50 year mark. WOW.
How dang old am I ??? :(

He was officially diagnosed with Asperger's a couple years back.

Or, the way time flies lately, 15 years ago. I can't tell the difference any more.

Back