Tate Fosgate 101A connections in system

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi All,
having just got one of these, I've done the 230V conversion and the PSU caps. Everything powers up and there's no evidence of anything amiss at the moment, so I'm at the stage of connecting it up and seeing what the result is. I've downloaded the instruction manual and although its got a few examples of the setups - I can't really see how to integrate it into my system, so I'm after some advice:
I have a Preamp and two matched Stereo power Amps. The manual seems to imply using the tape monitor switches to supply the Tate and the rear amp - then the preamp out to the front amp? The tate has front and back outputs, can these not be connected to the poweramps and the preamp output go to the tate input, or is the tape monitor output used to give a fixed signal so the Tates controls run the volume settings? If anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate it. No great rush as I have to re make the Phono output connection board anyway as there's no chance of fitting any decent RCA's side by side to it - too narrow.:)
Thanks
Joe

Hi All,
having just got one of these, I've done the 230V conversion and the PSU caps. Everything powers up and there's no evidence of anything amiss at the moment, so I'm at the stage of connecting it up and seeing what the result is. I've downloaded the instruction manual and although its got a few examples of the setups - I can't really see how to integrate it into my system, so I'm after some advice:
I have a Preamp and two matched Stereo power Amps. The manual seems to imply using the tape monitor switches to supply the Tate and the rear amp - then the preamp out to the front amp? The tate has front and back outputs, can these not be connected to the poweramps and the preamp output go to the tate input, or is the tape monitor output used to give a fixed signal so the Tates controls run the volume settings? If anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate it. No great rush as I have to re make the Phono output connection board anyway as there's no chance of fitting any decent RCA's side by side to it - too narrow.:)
Thanks
Joe

I don't see any need to be concerned about the tape inputs/outputs.

Just plug your TT, disc spinner, what have you into the appropriate inputs on your preamp. Take the preamp outputs and plug into the Fosgate main inputs. Take the Fosgate decoded outputs & connect to the inputs on your power amps..

Bonus tip: In your member profile there is a spot to list your equipment set up in detail. Strictly optional but it can be a big help for others to check when replying to questions like this.

Back