Tears for fears announcement - Songs for a Nervous Planet (live) SDE Blu-Ray with SW Atmos Mix Oct 25th, 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your avatar is one!
Which 'live' album is it?

13859.jpg

Apart from the live part on the blu ray, maybe they better included also the three bonus tracks from The Tipping Point and the 5 new tracks instead of the 4 tracks from this release on this disc, made it become more special, because later for sure comes the blu ray concert video out.

Last edited:
Like other people here, I'm not going to buy this album although I own a copy of the four TFF albums that have been mixed in surround sound (5.1 or Atmos).
It's not just because it is a live album but also because I really don't understand the point in collecting the multitrack recordings of a live performance and use them to build a sonic experience (Atmos) that is not going to have any connection with what you were supposed to hear at the show. That's what Steven Wilson has done. That doesn't make sense to me. Was the sound played in Atmos in those venues where Tears For Fears performed? I don't think so…

PS: I'd like to say that I love Steven Wilson as an artist and as a mix engineer, so there is nothing against him and his work in my post.

Like other people here, I'm not going to buy this album although I own a copy of the four TFF albums that have been mixed in surround sound (5.1 or Atmos).
It's not just because it is a live album but also because I really don't understand the point in collecting the multitrack recordings of a live performance and use them to build a sonic experience (Atmos) that is not going to have any connection with what you were supposed to hear at the show. That's what Steven Wilson has done. That doesn't make sense to me. Was the sound played in Atmos in those venues where Tears For Fears performed? I don't think so…

PS: I'd like to say that I love Steven Wilson as an artist and as a mix engineer, so there is nothing against him and his work in my post.
Yea. It is confusing to some people. Maybe one day you will understand.

For me, watching concert at Home is a different experience than beeing at the show.

It would be like beeing at the show if the video producion is done from a static camera from the audience, so you see the same (or similar thing) that you see at the show.

But when the video editing production brings you lots of close shots, to see how musicians are performing, then it is a different thing.

Beeing a different thing, then why not 'hearing' it in a different way, like Dolby Atmos discrete mix with ping-pongs sounds and pannings like from the studio recordings.

The needed 'connection' to the show has to be good sound production and beeing in sync with the video.

If you feel that's not realistc, or you don't like that the sounds locations does not correspond with the musicians locations at screen, then you can switch to stereo, that would be perhaps more similar to the sound at the live show.

He did some concert videos (No-Man and Blackfield) where musicians on the left side of the stage were right rear and vice versa. That bothered me. But otherwise I'm fine with it.

Pink Floyd used to do Quad live.

That's why for 'purists' like you the SDE exclusive also contains a STEREO mix so you can play it in PURE 2.0 through your set up

tff_sfanp_blu_sticker.jpg

Back