The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22. Teacher – Jethro Tull​

https://www.musicgrotto.com/songs-about-teachers/Jethro Tull makes the list with Teacher, which is all about the bond between a student and a teacher and how that should be celebrated. It talks about how influential teachers are and how they can be mentors and help students. Teachers can change the lives of those they teach, and Tull gets into the details of it in this uplifting and inspiring song.
Whoever wrote that blurb on the website... could they be that clueless, or did they only glance through the lyrics quickly with no attempt to really understand the meaning of the song? Perhaps they are being deliberately ironic, but I doubt it. Some Tull lyrics may be be a bit cryptic, but not this one: clearly it's about a character who proclaims themself some sort of guru, and proceeds to take advantage of the narrator by having a good time at their expense, while imparting no meaningful wisdom, just a list of cliches. Pretty much the exact opposite of the description in that list.

Whoever wrote that blurb on the website... could they be that clueless, or did they only glance through the lyrics quickly with no attempt to really understand the meaning of the song? Perhaps they are being deliberately ironic, but I doubt it. Some Tull lyrics may be be a bit cryptic, but not this one: clearly it's about a character who proclaims themself some sort of guru, and proceeds to take advantage of the narrator by having a good time at their expense, while imparting no meaningful wisdom, just a list of cliches. Pretty much the exact opposite of the description in that list.
It sounds totally like an AI generated paragraph to me. Probably the whole article is.

A 5.1 wish.

Hope this appears on a deluxe book set of Crest Of A Knave, if they continue with the reissue series. Should follow Under Wraps in about 2 years time, unless they start to cherry pick from the remaining studio albums. Great, great song.

Plug for my new Tull video:

Marvel as renowned QQ member with engineering degree goes nuts trying to extract discs from the Broadsword & The Beast packaging.

I eventually figured how to get them out. Even Ian Anderson didn’t try to extract them during his unboxing video.

Last edited:
Plug for my new Tull video:

Marvel as renowned QQ member with engineer degree goes nuts trying to extract discs from the Broadsword & The Beast packaging.

I eventually figured how to get them out. Even Ian Anderson didn’t try to extract them during his unboxing video.
Brings new meaning to the Clasp. o_O

You know, right after I posted my comment, I went back and read the whole article, and I thought the exact same thing. But they even have a fake(?) bio of the writer! Probably also written by AI.
Too much. WOW!

635960663252287536-721024-12.JPG

Broadsword and the beast box. Enjoying the CDs a lot. There was some magic going on. Sadly my surround system is still in boxes as I have moved to the country. Hopefully I will crank up the DVDs in a month or so

Broadsword and the beast box. Enjoying the CDs a lot. There was some magic going on. Sadly my surround system is still in boxes as I have moved to the country. Hopefully I will crank up the DVDs in a month or so
1981 stereo only is a treat.

Back