The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LuvMyQuad - You made some good points there. Not even being a close follower of the Bills, in hindsight it did seem they went away from Diggs but there was probably more to it than that.
FWIW....glad Lions didn't get him. Can you just imagine having to hear Ricky going off on this for the next10 months??😵 Sorry cbmmm3.....
no need for Diggs to provide a Lions boast - err boost !
I gots me a tanker full of Honolulu Blue Kool Aid...........so ........suffer the children..............

Last edited:

cubs.jpg

Now that was just damn funny. hahahahaha

What's hysterical is just how common that was back in the 1970s NHL. Nearly every single Rangers - Flyers and Rangers - Islanders matchup devolved into that, sometimes more than once in the same game. Nowadays that can't even happen anymore because players are given game misconducts and ejected, at some point you'd have no one left.

What's hysterical is just how common that was back in the 1970s NHL. Nearly every single Rangers - Flyers and Rangers - Islanders matchup devolved into that, sometimes more than once in the same game. Nowadays that can't even happen anymore because players are given game misconducts and ejected, at some point you'd have no one left.
Considering I'm not a hockey fan, for the life of me I don't understand the fighting. No really. Are these guys really that pissed off all the time that they fight? Or, it's more theater? This is an honest question, as it's beyond my undstanding.

Considering I'm not a hockey fan, for the life of me I don't understand the fighting. No really. Are these guys really that pissed off all the time that they fight? Or, it's more theater? This is an honest question, as it's beyond my undstanding.
The local metropolitan teams (Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Flyers) are very close geographically to each other and play each other many times during the season. They also meet in the playoffs frequently. So the hatred is there.

Bet you a dollar though that these same players would bond if they went out for a beer afterwards.

According to google (Why is fighting allowed in the NHL)

Although often a target of criticism, it is a considerable draw for the sport, and some fans attend games primarily to see fights. Those who defend fighting in hockey say that it helps deter other types of rough play, allows teams to protect their star players, and creates a sense of solidarity among teammates.

According to google (Why is fighting allowed in the NHL)

Although often a target of criticism, it is a considerable draw for the sport, and some fans attend games primarily to see fights. Those who defend fighting in hockey say that it helps deter other types of rough play, allows teams to protect their star players, and creates a sense of solidarity among teammates.

I suppose I could google this and see what comes back but I figure someone here will know.
Is the NHL the only hockey organization that allows fighting to the degree we see?
college? international? other countries' internal NHL equivalents (if any)?

I know it isn't prevalent in the Olympics but not sure beyond that.

Pretty wild stuff. o_O The most nasty confrontation that I saw was at a game in March 1972 between two deranged individuals, Wayne Cashman (Bruins) and Dennis Hextall (North Stars.) I'm surprised that fight didn't make the list because of the viciousness of the stick swinging.

Cashman was wacking Hextall across the ankles while the two were skating down the right wing. Hextall took exception and proceeded to brush Cashman's teeth with the blade of his stick. Cashman dropped to the ice in excruciating pain. Phil Esposito and the rest of the Bruins followed Hextall into the right corner and started beating on him followed by Hextall's North Star teammates getting into the mix. Cashman managed to get up to join the fray and tomahawked Hextall with the shaft of his stick. Fortunately, he nailed Hextall on the shoulder and not on the head. Players didn't wear helmets back then.

I suppose I could google this and see what comes back but I figure someone here will know.
Is the NHL the only hockey organization that allows fighting to the degree we see?
college? international? other countries' internal NHL equivalents (if any)?

I know it isn't prevalent in the Olympics but not sure beyond that.
NHL probably stands alone. I played in the MTHL for ten years where fighting is an automatic suspension.

https://www.acronymfinder.com/Metro...ow-Greater-Toronto-Hockey-League)-(MTHL).html

Talking about violence. So, I also can't take Soccer/Football seriously. I mean......I see guys falling down and acting like they are dying. Really, are they?
Yes, it is remarkable how those 'almost crippled' soccer players manage to get up immediately afterwards and continue playing as if they just got done having sex and a cigarette.

Back