The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
66734bf880a77.image.jpg
Theo Moudakis, Special to the Star

And "Welcome" one and all, the millions of you QQ'ers who have tuned in to this (sort of) blog, and the thousands who've joined me personally in my lounge room for the Oilers game tonight. Stay tuned for all the action!!

Oilers 1-0 after 7.5 minutes!!!!
End of 1st Period; Seppos haven't woken up yet; Oilers all over them (but only a goal up).

Oilers 2-0, 45 seconds into the 2nd Period!!!!!!
BUT: 10 seconds later.......Seppos score!!!
BUT YET AGAIN: Seppo goal ruled offside, so still 2-0
Oilers 3-0 with 1:40 left in 2nd Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that's it for the 2nd Period. It's funny, you wouldn't think it was the Seppos who could be winning the Cup tonight, but Edmonton. They look resigned to going back to Florida to try and win it.

Shock! Horror! Seppos score after a minute or so into the Final Period, so 3-1 now.

Four minutes to go......Shirley, Seppos need to "pull their goalie" soon!!!

And they did!!! Their goalie was pulled!!!..............and Oilers scored empty net!!!!!!!!!!! 4-1 3 minutes left.

And another!!!!!!! Empty net!!!!!!! 5-1 !!!!!!!!!

Their goalie has now been un-pulled......2.5 minutes left.

AND THAT'S IT, OILERS WIN 5-1..........OFF TO FLORIDA TO WIN THE CUP!!!

Finally, thanks to the tens of millions who sent me messages throughout the game, and the generous donations.

SEE Y'ALL BACK HERE TO THUMP THE SEPPOS ON MONDAY!!!

🏒

🍻

Last edited:
The Maple Leafs and Red Wings met in the postseason six times during the 1940s, including four Stanley Cup finals. The Maple Leafs beat the Red Wings in five of their six meetings, except in the 1943 semifinals.

From 1961 to 1967, the two teams met one another in three playoff series, including two Stanley Cup finals. Within those 25 years, the Maple Leafs and Red Wings played a total of 15 postseason series including six Cup Finals; the Maple Leafs beat the Red Wings in all six Cup Finals.

Go Oilers
Ooh, ooh, the damage done

The Oil for the win tonite !! We got Kropotkin on our side...
Indeed you have, so join the millions who'll be logging on to QQ to follow my (almost) blow-by-blow live text as the Stanley Cup comes back home for the first time since 1993. They puck off (is that the right expression?), shortly after 6pm MT here, or 8pm ET ... and once those God-awful, out-of-tune singers stop murdering the national anthems yet again.

Back