The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife was wondering what i was all amped up about at the breakfast table. "'69 Mets ,"was my muttered response. "What," she asked. I explained that in 1969, when i was 8 and my world revolved around baseball, my beloved Cubs were for sure going to the World Series, until, . . . and then i showed her the clip from the 9 September 1969 game, which i saw live on WGN; i still cringe at the horror that i felt. She stared at me incredulously. "You NEVER get over such things," i told her. "Yes," she said. "YOU never get over such things." Ima go and rewatch the 2016 World Series.

Last edited:
I am not a jinx, check the record. (Yes, Browns was intended.) :ROFLMAO: Jets too.

I am the peacemaker, so the theory goes.
But I don't choose the company I keep ---
and it shows.

Always mean:
GO BILLS!! AFC
GO Lions! NFC

NFL - Sportsnet.ca

Cowboys' Aubrey thumps incredible 66-yard field goal​

0:34 | August 18, 2024

Watch as Dallas Cowboys kicker Brandon Aubrey kicks an incredible 66-yard field goal as time expires in the first half of the pre-season game against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Go Buffalo!

One thing that makes me laugh about the NFL...their talent evaluation...the NFL claims they are the best at their sport....they consistently fail when it comes to talent evaluation...for players AND coaches...I watched Daniel Jones from the Giants...this guy is a turnover waiting to happen...and the GIANTS gave him a bigger contract after he couldn't stay healthy and couldn't stop turning the ball over with INT's and fumbles...and then there is the draft...you can pick any year and see all the blunders....and the most laughable example is the coaches...one coach fails with one team and he is immediately hired by another team...just recycling the same people over and over again...some of these Coordinators couldn't succeed at the high school level.

Getting back to Daniel Jones...after 5 years in the NFL(6th overall pick)...his career stats are in 60 games he made 46 fumbles and 40 INT's...after 4 years of turnovers the Giants gave him a new contract worth $160M ...after that increased contract he sustained a neck injury and a ACL and only played in 6 games.
In this latest pre-season game he was in the endzone and threw a Pick 6 INT right to the defender...he also had another INT in the game..

One thing that makes me laugh about the NFL...their talent evaluation...the NFL claims they are the best at their sport....they consistently fail when it comes to talent evaluation...for players AND coaches...I watched Daniel Jones from the Giants...this guy is a turnover waiting to happen...and the GIANTS gave him a bigger contract after he couldn't stay healthy and couldn't stop turning the ball over with INT's and fumbles...and then there is the draft...you can pick any year and see all the blunders....and the most laughable example is the coaches...one coach fails with one team and he is immediately hired by another team...just recycling the same people over and over again...some of these Coordinators couldn't succeed at the high school level.

Getting back to Daniel Jones...after 5 years in the NFL(6th overall pick)...his career stats are in 60 games he made 46 fumbles and 40 INT's...after 4 years of turnovers the Giants gave him a new contract worth $160M ...after that increased contract he sustained a neck injury and a ACL and only played in 6 games.
In this latest pre-season game he was in the endzone and threw a Pick 6 INT right to the defender...he also had another INT in the game..
We haven't heard from Giants fan @SACD_ripper in some time. What's your take on Daniel Jones, @SACD_ripper ?

Anyone have any opinion on the new kickoff rules. Seems like less touch backs to me with the few games I've seen.
In the Giants game the kicker failed to reach the "landing zone"...which costs them field position...failure to reach the landing zone gives the receiving team the ball on the 40 yard line...exceeding the landing zone(kicks in the end zone) put the ball on the 30 yrd line..if you have confidence in your special teams and your kicker...you will put the ball in play within the landing zone....I suspect some conservation coaching in a close game will result in end zone kickoffs.

How about a low scoring game...both teams have struggled on offense during the game...now one team kicks a FG and takes a 3 point lead with 2 minutes to go...now you have to kick to the trailing team...since field position is so important..most coaches would be afraid to NOT kick it in the Landing Zone...if the kicker screws up and didn't reach the Zone...the other team would get the ball on the 40 yard line...other coaches with confidence in their defense might prefer to defend the opponent on the 30 yard and defend a standard formation...instead of gambling on a landing zone chance to break a long run...

Back