The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should look backward at post 7158 and 7171. I’m not going to repeat myself because you didn’t see my posts. That’s all I have to say right now. Since none of the starters have played, anything more would just be bullshit.
Bill B always has his trash at the curb. Me - on the other hand -I litter up this joint. And wait till RickyPicks gets involved ( he's itching to get back in the
saddle ), then well need a QQ dumpster

trash at curb.jpg

Bill B always has his trash at the curb. Me - on the other hand -I litter up this joint. And wait till RickyPicks gets involved ( he's itching to get back in the

View attachment 108674
…in which he’ll go for multiple dumpster dives throughout the regular season. Then, during the playoffs, he’ll quickly turn it into a dumpster fire.

View attachment 108674
Expect an extra dose of trash talk on US Thanksgiving Day (sorry @JohnN and others in the Great White North) when the Lions host Da Bears. Beware as Ricky tries to GOSlight a particular QQ forum member.

Expect an extra dose of trash talk on US Thanksgiving Day (sorry @JohnN and others in the Great White North) when the Lions host Da Bears. Beware as Ricky tries to GOSlight a particular QQ forum member.
You're already looking at Thanksgiving games, Doc? That's really some forward looking thinking. A whole lot can happen to both of these teams between now and then.

Tuesday is the final cut to get to 53...from 90...wow...that's a lot of players.....there are going to be some "finds" in all that carnage...some teams can grab a good player in all that rubble. It's like a poor man's draft. Some will still follow their dream in another league...even in another country...of course the freaking CFL...JohnN can keep us up on all these players....

Seems like rematch'es is the way the season is starting out. You don't think the NFL is playing us like a loose ball. Do ya? Well. Do ya?
Match ups on week 1.....Ravens vs Chiefs....Texans vs Colts...certainly fall in that category...Chiefs went to the Super Bowl and Texans went to the playoffs and won the division...because they beat the Colts in that game..

You're already looking at Thanksgiving games, Doc? That's really some forward looking thinking. A whole lot can happen to both of these teams between now and then.
I always look ahead to see who the Lions and Cowboys are playing on Thanksgiving. Just like I look ahead to see what the division matchups are in December. It’s all part of the fun for me.

Tuesday is the final cut to get to 53...from 90...wow...that's a lot of players.....there are going to be some "finds" in all that carnage...some teams can grab a good player in all that rubble. It's like a poor man's draft. Some will still follow their dream in another league...even in another country...of course the freaking CFL...JohnN can keep us up on all these players....
Eliot Wolf, the Patriots GM, has already said that he’s very much looking forward to Tuesday to upgrade his team’s rebuild.

Come Tuesday some of those dumpsters will turn into recycle bins.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/1/year/2024/seasontype/2

Looking at the betting odds for the first week.. a couple caught my eye...Vikings at Giants-EVEN...Cowboys at Browns-Browns -2.5...Rams at Lions- Lions -3.5

Considering the QB issues with the Browns....it doesn't appear the bookies think a lot of the Cowboys.

Last edited:
Eliot Wolf, the Patriots GM, has already said that he’s very much looking forward to Tuesday to upgrade his team’s rebuild.
The Patriots are a 9 point underdog at the Bengals. It makes sense to look at the cut players. I'm sure during the draft some teams might have targeted some of these players but someone else drafted them.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/1/year/2024/seasontype/2

Looking at the betting odds for the first week.. a couple caught my eye...Vikings at Giants-EVEN...Cowboys at Browns-Browns -2.5...Rams at Lions- Lions -3.5

Considering the QB issues with the Browns....it doesn't appear the bookies think a lot of the Cowboys.
I think that the line for Dallas and CLE is somewhat based on the Browns home record last year, 8-1, and the Cowboys road record, 4-5. Plus, Dak will be Dak, so that’s always a consideration. No doubt though that the Browns are a simmering hot mess if Watson doesn’t step up right away.

I think that the line for Dallas and CLE is somewhat based on the Browns home record last year, 8-1, and the Cowboys road record, 4-5. Plus, Dak will be Dak, so that’s always a consideration. No doubt though that the Browns are a simmering hot mess if Watson doesn’t step up right away.
The Browns had a good all around team despite the QB. Afterall, they managed to win three games with Flacco behind the center. I still think Watson is overrated but the team was solid.

A lot of the lines are based on last years' stats. What else do they have to go on, most teams haven't let their stars on the field yet?

On Monday Danny Jansen will get his 15 minutes of fame. Who knows, maybe @JohnN will even be tuning in for this historic baseball moment.

This brief MLB thread interruption is being brought to you by Alex Cora, the Boston Red Sox and the Toronto Blue Jays.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5719956/2024/08/23/danny-jansen-red-sox-blue-jays-suspended-game/

Edit:

What the article doesn't specifically highlight is the fact that Jansen will effectively be catching his own at bat.
I did not like to see Jansen traded. I will be watching. Thanks for posting. www.npr.org/2024/08/24/nx-s1-5088645/baseball-red-sox-blue-jays-danny-jansen-mlb-history

Last edited:

View attachment 108674
Team pictures should be sans the lids. Good to see the Lions though. (ignore) DO NOT BLOCK HaHa

Last edited:

View attachment 108674
Looks like an integrated neighborhood. Lions fans and Packers fans living in peace and harmony.

Back