The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I am a Lions fan. Not sure you guys were aware

The Lions are snakebitten. Bobby Layne curse
We are able to step on our own dicks
We find ways to blow it. For 67 years

Why oh why Dear Lord do I have visions of Jared Goff juggernauting us to 7-1, looking like THE TEAM - and then he has a season ending injury
Why ?

Please Pray for me and The Detroit Lions
You are too close in proximity to cities like Buffalo and Cleveland and Indianapolis where hopes are dashed on a regular basis. Karmic osmosis…

Why oh why Dear Lord do I have visions of Jared Goff juggernauting us to 7-1, looking like THE TEAM - and then he has a season ending injury
Why ?

Ha! Ha! 😁Ricky. this is a new low for even you! Ha! Ha!
It sounds like the sobering reality of things have finally hit you? If our teams weren't in the same division then maybe....... .NO but they are, sorry buddy!!
No sympathy from me pal! You are on your own here Bunky😥
Now go pound down some more koolaid! Adios Comanchero ....Ha! Ha!

Ha! Ha! 😁Ricky. this is a new low for even you! Ha! Ha!
It sounds like the sobering reality of things have finally hit you? If our teams weren't in the same division then maybe....... .NO but they are, sorry buddy!!
No sympathy from me pal! You are on your own here Bunky😥
Now go pound down some more koolaid! Adios Comanchero ....Ha! Ha!
that boy in Wisconsin is eating green mold cheese again.

1724505954950.jpeg
1724505987941.jpeg
1724506014080.jpeg
1724506050305.jpeg
images

GO LIONS!

Actual Argos fan, don't rock the boat. 🇨🇦

Take a look at some of these NYY statistics, especially Ruth. The Babe had 204 hits and 168 RBIs in 1921. That's quite impressive alright, but he also had 16 triples! Either he was very fast, or more likely aided by cavernous old Yankee stadium...a remarkable 490 feet to dead center. 😮

View attachment 108628
I know fans put an emphasis on home runs....it's exciting...and Judge is prolific...and it's obvious that is what he tries to do....as he leads the players on this list in strikeouts....but the guy on this list that I would say had the best season was Lou Gehrig's in 1934....lowest strikeouts...most RBI"S...MOST HITS...and hit 49 HR's...which is comparable to the others on this list
When I was a kid baseball was great...I could sit out in the backyard and "catch some rays" and listen to a game on my trusty transistor radio...or go fishing and a game on the radio would help when I didn't catch any fish..

One of those childhood memories was my dad taking me to a Pitt Pirates games at Forbes Field....they weren't my team but it was close enough to drive to a game. The Pirates had a "colorful" announcer...Bob Prince....the day I went to the game we(my dad and I) were in the cheap seats in the outfield...so I was listening to my radio and a routine fly ball came to the outfield and here was what Prince was telling the radio audience...he's back...back..back on the warning track and leaps and grabs the ball.....the guy was camped under a lazy fly ball....double play became..."Hoover job"...the vacuum cleaner...became double plays by Bill Mazeroski...a favorite of Prince.....Forbes Field became "the house of thrills"...he invented the "green weenie" a jinx for opposing teams....in late inning games when the Pirates were trailing.. he called for a "bloop and a blast"...a single and a home run

Are you happy with your pre season.
Me, not so, sort of?
Niners-1-1-1.
Last play of last nights game, pretty cool as @JohnN shows.
I liked the running backs and the secondary improvements.
Both sides lineman, so/so. Keeping in mind didn't see Nick Bosa or Trent Williams.

Tuesday- cut day.

Next game, Jets at Niners, Monday Sept 9.

Me, not so, sort of?
Niners-1-1-1.
Both sides lineman, so/so. Keeping in mind didn't see Nick Bosa or Trent Williams.

Tuesday- cut day.

What do you think about the Brandon Aiyuk situation....I think most people realize now that this trade to the Steelers was never going to happen...he had no intention of going there...just trying to leverage San Fran to get more money..

What do you think about the Brandon Aiyuk situation....I think most people realize now that this trade to the Steelers was never going to happen...he had no intention of going there...just trying to leverage San Fran to get more money..
Thanks Clint,
As a fan, of course I want him to get paid and stay a Niner, same with Trent Williams, he is a hold out also.
Quick fact: Nick Bosa has never played a pre season game, I just learned.

Why ?
Because if you don't have that fear going into the season then you are deluding yourself.
Every team is one injury away from being mediocre.
That's why I don't talk much trash. Football is a very cruel game.

Why ?

You got a case of the deleriums.

Me, not so, sort of?
Niners-1-1-1.

Tuesday- cut day.

Next important game for me is Sept 5th, Chiefs vs Ravens. It looks like Rashee Rice might play in this game. But there are talks of suspension so who knows what he will do this season. I have not kept up to date on his legal problems.

I haven't really kept up to date on the Ravens either. How are they shaping up?

Me, not so, sort of?
Niners-1-1-1.

Tuesday- cut day.

Buffalo Bills are the happiest team in the NFL when they lose. Glad to be a fan. ;)

Go Patriots 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Well it is 'New England' 😄
You should be a British Bills fan.

In 1616, English explorer John Smith named the region "New England".[10] The name was officially sanctioned on November 3, 1620,[11] when the charter of the Virginia Company of Plymouth was replaced by a royal charter for the Plymouth Council for New England, a joint-stock company established to colonize and govern the region.[

I wish the Jets were still named the Titans. I wonder if the Tennessee folks had to pay some money to the Jets to get rights to the Titans name. :unsure:

And I don't like the Jets' colors. Every time I see them I want to stop and fill up my car.
Titans/Argos same colo(u)rs, Bleeding blue...Double blue.
Cheers!
:smokin
1724533612612.png

1724533697654.png

9781550227796_1024x1024.jpeg

Back