The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds cheesy.
rv9153vspyaa1.jpg

Between 1930 and 2022, the Lions and the Packers have played 187 times, with Green Bay holding the all-time series head-to-head, 105-75-7. The Packers have also won the two postseason games in the series, both of which were played in 1994.May 4, 2023

Go Lions! NFC

Peacock...yet another example of enshittification.
That's one of the things I love about this thread....things I didn't know...just when I thought enshittification was a made up word...BOOM...not only is it a real word...it was the word of the year in 2023 according to the American Dialect Society....replacing words like crapification or platform decay...you might not be able to do a pushup...BUT...you are at least a decade away from Alzheimer's :whistle:

On Monday Danny Jansen will get his 15 minutes of fame. Who knows, maybe @JohnN will even be tuning in for this historic baseball moment.

This brief MLB thread interruption is being brought to you by Alex Cora, the Boston Red Sox and the Toronto Blue Jays.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5719956/2024/08/23/danny-jansen-red-sox-blue-jays-suspended-game/

Edit:

What the article doesn't specifically highlight is the fact that Jansen will effectively be catching his own at bat.
Weirder still that Jansen was the last at bat when the game was called.

Next important game for me is Sept 5th, Chiefs vs Ravens. It looks like Rashee Rice might play in this game. But there are talks of suspension so who knows what he will do this season. I have not kept up to date on his legal problems.

I haven't really kept up to date on the Ravens either. How are they shaping up?
Well yesterday against GB they played almost no starters. But they held joint practices with GB during the week. The GB announcers said Lamar Jackson looked outstanding! The Ravens will be a force to reckon with this year.
Adding RB Derrick Henry didn't hurt either!
FWIW- GB crushed the ravens in the game but that's not saying much😯...
I have come to hate the preseason games now days!...Bring on the regular season games!
So where in Brazil are Philly-GB playing on a Friday ? Some Amazon jungle clearing?
I also heard it's a Peacock game so mostly no will be seeing it.

Last edited:
Eliot Wolf, the Patriots GM, has already said that he’s very much looking forward to Tuesday to upgrade his team’s rebuild.
On a side note, I didn't know Eliot Wolf was NE gm.😮 I recall when he was at GB in some sort of meaningless job (scouting?) then he left. GB considered him for GM when Ted Thompson retired but at that time he was too inexperienced. But he was an up & coming guy who I hoped would stay in GB.
His father, Ron Wolf, is a legend in GB. He pretty much singlehandedly turned things around there back in the '90s.....

Last edited:
Last edited:
According to US News:

Local estimates say 2.5 million Brazilians watched this year’s Super Bowl, almost 20% more in comparison with the previous edition. Brazil has the second-largest international fan base behind Mexico.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/...razil-in-2024-in-more-international-expansion

It will be interesting to if @beerking will be able to watch it.
Yes it sure will Wizzy.
Can't wait for our live game at Wembley between the Jags and The Patriots on October 20th. My son and I will be going to it.

Bring on the new season of American Football 🏈

According to US News:

Local estimates say 2.5 million Brazilians watched this year’s Super Bowl, almost 20% more in comparison with the previous edition. Brazil has the second-largest international fan base behind Mexico.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/...razil-in-2024-in-more-international-expansion

It will be interesting to see if @beerking will be able to watch it.

I'm not surprised about this statistic. People like watching sports when it involves:

- Gambling
- Drinking
- A bunch of oversized boys beating the piss out of each other

Well yesterday against GB they played almost no starters. But they held joint practices with GB during the week. The GB announcers said Lamar Jackson looked outstanding! The Ravens will be a force to reckon with this year.
Adding RB Derrick Henry didn't hurt either!
FWIW- GB crushed the ravens in the game but that's not saying much😯...
I have come to hate the preseason games now days!...Bring on the regular season games!
So where in Brazil are Philly-GB playing on a Friday ? Some Amazon jungle clearing?
I also heard it's a Peacock game so mostly no will be seeing it.
I am with you on the preseason games.
They used to play the starters the first half in a couple of games. As a fan you can’t tell anything about how your team stacks up now. Totally useless. That’s why I resist saying anything. Or watching much of them for that matter.

I am with you on the preseason games.
They used to play the starters the first half in a couple of games. As a fan you can’t tell anything about how your team stacks up now. Totally useless. That’s why I resist saying anything. Or watching much of them for that matter.
Preseason games are more important to the teams rather than the fans. It starts the shape up for the regular season. Watch it or not, anyone's choice.

Back