The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the picture.$$$$$$$$ ;)
🏈
https://www.axios.com/2024/08/26/nfl-private-equity-ownership
1724677716877.jpg

On Monday Danny Jansen will get his 15 minutes of fame. Who knows, maybe @JohnN will even be tuning in for this historic baseball moment.

This brief MLB thread interruption is being brought to you by Alex Cora, the Boston Red Sox and the Toronto Blue Jays.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5719956/2024/08/23/danny-jansen-red-sox-blue-jays-suspended-game/

Edit:

What the article doesn't specifically highlight is the fact that Jansen will effectively be catching his own at bat.
Jansen was the last at bat today, too. Jays won.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-walk-away-with-win-in-bizarre-suspended-game/

Mac Jones has had a pretty decent preseason with the Jaguars. Drake Mayes has also performed well in his preseason appearances. Jacoby Brissett, nonetheless, will likely be the Patriots's starting QB given the team's hesitance to repeat the Mac Jones fiasco, plus the fact that the Pats's O line has been especially porous. They couldn't even provide protection against the Jaguar's 2nd and 3rd string defensive units. In fact, their woeful protection ended up leading to a Brissett shoulder injury.

Hopefully, the Patriots-Jaguars matchup at Wembley Stadium will provide somewhat of an interesting game to watch for @beerking.

It was also a Jansen at bat that early on broke up Toronto's bid for a no hitter. So Jansen didn't get the first at bat of the day but he did get the last at bat. Representatives from the MLB HOF were on hand to authenticate and tag Jansen's equipment, and to also collect the umpiring crew's official scorecards.
Broadcast said he was catching his own at bat on the first at bat. 🤪

DETROIT -- There was a time when the Lions had a hard time filling Ford Field, and that time wasn’t all that long ago.

These days, they’re packing the joint for games that don’t even count.

The Lions not only sold standing-room tickets for their preseason finale on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but sold out of them. Then they treated the hometown fans to a 24-17 comeback win, and the raucous crowd -- an exceedingly rare sight for any team in the preseason -- was not lost on Dan Campbell.

Heck, they even drew a false start at one point.

“Listen, unbelievable,” the fourth-year Lions coach said. “Unbelievable. Our fans, this was crazy. I told our players before we came out, I said, ‘Man, do you realize this is the best environment you’re going to find in a preseason game? For sure? And we’re not even to the regular season yet, guys.’ So you talk about home-field advantage? You can only imagine what this is going to be like in two weeks on Sunday night.

Do you know what that line refers to.?
Let's start:
No one to help you get up steam —
and the whirlpool turns you `way off-beam.

Or, do you rely on others to help you think? If so, you’ll become brainwashed with the rest of the masses (the whirlpool which sucks you down to the lowest moral level) and you’ll fall off of the beam. The balance beam – life is a balancing act, if you let greed and lust get the better of you, you’ll lose that balance. Cecil the Sealion has entered the building…
Toronto Tull talking (far out):Thick as a Brick – Jethro Tull Site Dedicated to Understanding Thick as a Brick

The other part:
Balanced;>)Shuffle off to Buffalo=GO BILLS!

“Listen, unbelievable,” the fourth-year Lions coach said. “Unbelievable. Our fans, this was crazy. I told our players before we came out, I said, ‘Man, do you realize this is the best environment you’re going to find in a preseason game? For sure? And we’re not even to the regular season yet, guys.’ So you talk about home-field advantage? You can only imagine what this is going to be like in two weeks on Sunday night.

22,000 days will do things like that to a fan base.

Gang Green finished the preseason undefeated for the third time in the last four years! This is in addition to their four recent appearances in the AFC Championship Game as well as the Super Bowl. The appearances at these championship games were in sky boxes and stands by the likes of Aaron Rodgers, C.J. Moseley, Joe Namath, etc. The Jets have been truly blessed these last four years.
AR, man you really do believe the glass is half full! I'm now expecting big things out of the Jets this year.....
Did Rodgers play at all during the undefeated preseason?

AR, man you really do believe the glass is half full! I'm now expecting big things out of the Jets this year.....
Did Rodgers play at all during the undefeated preseason?

I don't know if Rodgers played because I don't watch preseason games. Regarding the glass, optimists say that the glass is half full. Pessimists say that it is half empty. Engineers such as myself say, "Why did they make the glass so darn big?"

Let's start:
No one to help you get up steam —
and the whirlpool turns you `way off-beam.

Or, do you rely on others to help you think? If so, you’ll become brainwashed with the rest of the masses (the whirlpool which sucks you down to the lowest moral level) and you’ll fall off of the beam. The balance beam – life is a balancing act, if you let greed and lust get the better of you, you’ll lose that balance. Cecil the Sealion has entered the building…
Toronto Tull talking (far out):Thick as a Brick – Jethro Tull Site Dedicated to Understanding Thick as a Brick

The other part:
Balanced;>)Shuffle off to Buffalo=GO BILLS!
All of these terms have to do with water and boats. Getting up steam goes back to steamboat/steam locomotive days. A beam reach is a sailing term for when the wind is blowing directly across the width a sailboat. The width of the boat is known as its "beam". And the whirlpool.... well, you get it.

All of these terms have to do with water and boats. Getting up steam goes back to steamboat/steam locomotive days. A beam reach is a sailing term for when the wind is blowing directly across the width a sailboat. The width of the boat is known as its "beam". And the whirlpool.... well, you get it.
Thanks for this. That's what it is, but the meaning is deeper or a laugh. You're good. Go Lions, deeper meaning or a laugh?

Kindly state the football time of the year and join your voices in a hellish chorus.
Mark the precise nature of your team's fear.

So! Where the hell were the Bills when you needed them last Saturday?
And where were all the sportsmen who always pulled you through?

GO BUFFALO!

Finally! We now have someone who is has stepped up to try to explain what the hell @JohnN is talking about.

Back