The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone please pinch me !

Detroit has made an improbable run to postseason contention in the second half of the season. On Aug. 10, Detroit was 55–63 and 10 games out of the third wild-card spot. The Tigers went 14–5 for the rest of the month and have gone 13–6 so far in September to make a significant jump in the standings.

someone please pinch me !

Detroit has made an improbable run to postseason contention in the second half of the season. On Aug. 10, Detroit was 55–63 and 10 games out of the third wild-card spot. The Tigers went 14–5 for the rest of the month and have gone 13–6 so far in September to make a significant jump in the standings.

I noticed that yesterday, the Tigers are tied for the 2nd Wild Card spot in the A.L. with the Royals, displacing the Twins and Mariners who had sat in playoff position nearly all season long until Monday.

Ricky, I thought you said earlier they were going have sort of a down year? They appear to be pretty good to me!

,Most of the time....the highly drafted QB goes to the worst team...that is true of other skill positions...the saying is that it's not how high you are drafted...its is who drafts you...the NFL is responsible for most of these problems...they caved in and started giving too much guaranteed money in these contracts which triggered increasing the salary cap...of course the Browns accelerated the process by giving a dirtbag an insane amount of money...now the toothpaste is out of the tube and you can't put on the brakes...so the bad team that drafts a QB that intends to sit him and let him learn starts losing and the pressure mounts to put the rookie in...so he plays and gets battered and loses his confidence...lot's of Hall of Fame QB's had horrible rookie years...but keep in mind that in those days...highly drafted QB's got a LOT of money and they couldn't get rid of them...

Getting back to the lack of accurate evaluation by NFL teams....Brock Purdy was making $900k and Caleb Williams had already made $12million in college...mainly due to Wendy's endorsements. How could every other team...besides the Niners...pass on Purdy....and the Niners waited until the last pick to draft him....

I tried the proper punctuation route...it just stops the flow when I type:)
Well said Clint, I agree.
I remember when a QB was considered a 5-year project. Sitting, watching & learning for some time does help. Just look at Rodgers & Love @ GB.
The money is crazy ($12M in college😯?).... NFL contracts where they defer money or put it in the last year where it is not going to paid is just stupid. GB has had to release many players for just this reason...Like David Bakhtiari.
A highly motivated player, regardless of the money is rare now. In the past, almost all players played for the love of the game. It showed!
Evaluation of players tends to be a very inexact thing! Imho, too much emphasis is put on a players numbers @ pre-draft workouts, etc.
Some teams are way better than others at this!
I've heard that development of players nowdays is almost nonexistent. No time to do it or the coaches don't know how to. X's & O's, game plan is now the priority. " We are going to X & O you too death!"
OK, I done rambling for now😊.

Last edited:
I noticed that yesterday, the Tigers are tied for the 2nd Wild Card spot in the A.L. with the Royals, displacing the Twins and Mariners who had sat in playoff position nearly all season long until Monday.
Yes the Royals have had a better than usual season this year. But they lost something like the last 5 games. Me thinks the Tigers have a better chance at the playoffs.

That Washington rookie QB was unreal! Never saw him play in college. Reminded me a bit of RG3 with his running. He's not that big of a guy. If he keeps that up he'll have a short career. But does he have a great touch on his passes ! Wow.... Makes me wonder if the Bears picked the wrong guy?🤔
All I'll say is it wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened.
That was a very entertaining MNF game! Loved the TD pass to the Redskins, that's right, Redskins o-lineman & his 'dance' afterwards😄
Cinny couldn't get a break in that game! 0-3
The Bears NEVER pick the wrong guy. Consider Trubisky and Fields!

IMG_8060.png

And the Tigers finish out the regular season playing the White Sox at home. Hey Ricky, can I have a sip of that Kool Aid?!!!

Go Maple Leafs !
Well played.
tie-domi-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-alumni-gets-his-hat-stol.jpeg

Tie Domi of the Toronto Maple Leafs gets his hat stolen by Chris Chelios of the Detroit Red Wings at Exhibition Stadium during the Centennial Classic Alumni Game in Toronto on Saturday December 31, 2016. Photo by Dave Abel /Toronto Sun

Go Red Wings Go !

Well played.
tie-domi-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-alumni-gets-his-hat-stol.jpeg

Tie Domi of the Toronto Maple Leafs gets his hat stolen by Chris Chelios of the Detroit Red Wings at Exhibition Stadium during the Centennial Classic Alumni Game in Toronto on Saturday December 31, 2016. Photo by Dave Abel /Toronto Sun

Go Red Wings Go !
Ahhh Tie Domi, arch enemy of Sabre Rob Ray. I hear they are good friends now.

Back