The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby
I thought you said the Packers were going to lose ? What happened oh ye of little faith ?
How bout dem Lions !! Was not the 14 point win RickyPicks forecasted, but a win is a win
AFter watching the Packers play a beat up Texan team...they aren't as good as I thought they were...the big flaw is Love...he will throw the ball into coverage...they are well coached...the new Defensive Coach is clever...he put pressure on Stroud all day...but with 5 regulars out on defense and missing Nico Collins at WR....they should have been able to defeat the Texans easily....and the Packers almost didn't stop the clock in time..3 seconds left..

It's so hard to evaluate the teams right now due to all the missing starters...right now the best team would be the Lions in the NFC and 2nd ...right behind "you know who" in entire NFL...

Longest Streak with 140+ Passer Rating Since 1970 Merger

Jared Goff - 3 (2024)

Aaron Rodgers - 3 (2011 - won MVP)
Kurt Warner - 3 (1999 - won MVP)
Roger Staubach - 3 (1971)
I don't have many Cowboys that I like...but Roger was not only a great player...but a better human being

I see Willie on the thread....did they cheer when the dirtbag got hurt? Nice to see Nick fight back from a serious injury
They booed Watson after the first series of the game. He was on the radar today. When Watson got hurt, there were some cheers and that got Myles Garrett fired up. He called out the fans after the game. The full-scale meltdown is under way.

It just figures that the stadium issue is also a very hot potato now in the local and state political scene. The Browns can’t outrun their shadow.

They booed Watson after the first series of the game. He was on the radar today. When Watson got hurt, there were some cheers and that got Myles Garrett fired up. He called out the fans after the game. The full-scale meltdown is under way.

It just figures that the stadium issue is also a very hot potato now in the local and state political scene. The Browns can’t outrun their shadow.
It was good to see Chubb return. Hopefully he can get back to 100%. The offense was pretty bad for most of the game. It’s not just the QB. Penalties, mistakes, injuries, a lack of depth on the offensive line and a group of average receivers all add up to one big problem.

AFter watching the Packers play a beat up Texan team...they aren't as good as I thought they were...the big flaw is Love...he will throw the ball into coverage...they are well coached...the new Defensive Coach is clever...he put pressure on Stroud all day...but with 5 regulars out on defense and missing Nico Collins at WR....they should have been able to defeat the Texans easily....and the Packers almost didn't stop the clock in time..3 seconds left..

It's so hard to evaluate the teams right now due to all the missing starters...right now the best team would be the Lions in the NFC and 2nd ...right behind "you know who" in entire NFL...
Clint you are right! Some interesting observations .
I don't know if it was Love who was at fault on those picks or the wrs.... I lean towards Love being to blame.
The interceptions really hurt , I didn't think GB would be able to overcome them.
The defensive was putting a ton of pressure on Stroud all day. Texans only had 55 yards passing. He was frustrated! Yes, a lot of guys out for Texans. . It's often not who you
Play but more when you play them. GB got them at a good time.
I was waiting for the Packers to get a turnover all day but nothing .....
The end of the game was sort of weird! It was like the players thought the play was stop or something???
But the clock kept running. I didn't pick up on it at the time.
Well, at least somebody on the GB staff was on top of things.
What saved GB was the new kicker they had. McManus, he was clutch on the final kick.
I'll take the win for what it was, not their best game of the year but a 'W' against a banged up, very good team.

Ricky, I did lose faith😯. Don't tell anyone but I think the Lions are the best team in NFC north. That hurts😣

Last edited:
It was good to see Chubb return. Hopefully he can get back to 100%. The offense was pretty bad for most of the game. It’s not just the QB. Penalties, mistakes, injuries, a lack of depth on the offensive line and a group of average receivers all add up to one big problem.
Why did they get rid of Cooper...he was not a salary cap problem...they had converted most of his salary in a cash bonus...

Why did they get rid of Cooper...he was not a salary cap problem...they had converted most of his salary in a cash bonus...
He was upset that his contract did not get extended during the off season while they traded for Jerry Jeudy and gave him a new contract. Also, they wanted a decent draft pick in return and did get a third-rounder for him, so they pulled the trigger. So now they don’t have Cooper and they don’t throw the ball to Jeudy. What a mess.

Bills get a win for me, Steelers get a win for Mrs Luv. It's all good in my house this week.

Who will the Jets fire/hire next?

The Browns finally have to sit Watson. Hallelujah

Who will knock off the Chiefs? Niners were too beat up to get it done yesterday.

Ravens-Bucks game tonight should be a good one.

.Purdy overall this year, definately not as good as last year. He is not helping himself for the final year of his Rookie contract.

Niners Office=if you can't deliver us a Super Bowl, your gone.
Part of the reason for the losses have to be the injuries they have sustained on offence. Its hard to replace bonafied stars. The coaching staff may well get a bye because of that.

Part of the reason for the losses have to be the injuries they have sustained on offence. Its hard to replace bonafied stars. The coaching staff may well get a bye because of that.
Totally agree and MRI for Aiyuk today. If torn ACL then he is gone for season.
I will jump on the Detroit bandwagon really fast.

Clint you are right! Some interesting observations .
I don't know if it was Love who was at fault on those picks or the wrs.... I lean towards Love being to blame.
The interceptions really hurt , I didn't think GB would be able to overcome them.
The defensive was putting a ton of pressure on Stroud all day. Texans only had 55 yards passing. He was frustrated! Yes, a lot of guys out for Texans. . It's often not who you
Play but more when you play them. GB got them at a good time.
I was waiting for the Packers to get a turnover all day but nothing .....
The end of the game was sort of weird! It was like the players thought the play was stop or something???
But the clock kept running. I didn't pick up on it at the time.
Well, at least somebody on the GB staff was on top of things.
What saved GB was the new kicker they had. McManus, he was clutch on the final kick.
I'll take the win for what it was, not their best game of the year but a 'W' against a banged up, very good team.

Ricky, I did lose faith😯. Don't tell anyone but I think the Lions are the best team in NFC north. That hurts😣
Let me explain my opinion to Ricky about the Packers...I thought the Packers would win the division...and they still can...IMO they are right behind the Lions....the reason I favored the Packers over the Lions earlier was their depth...and the age of the players...younger players "usually" heal faster...and what I said about Love is a small "nitpick"...you have probably heard me talk about the most important trait of a QB is decision making...not the biggest arm or the velocity of his throws...Love has thrown passes in other games when it was risky...these modern WR's can jump up for 50/50 balls...but there were 3 defenders close to the WR in this case...and there was no need to do it...sometimes having that big arm...which Love has...can make you overconfident...in the regular season you can win with these mistakes...but in the playoffs with good teams...it can make the difference between winning and losing.

If you look at Stroud and Love...both young QB's...although Love has been on a team and got a chance to learn...they both can have problems when they play against a good defensive coach.... the Vikings with their aggressive blitz package overwhelmed Stroud and the Texans...same thing happened today...not on the level of the Vikings...but effective...but today the Texans got Mixon and Pierce back and they could run...which helped

So when looking at the Lions vs Packers....as good as Love is...Goff is a veteran and can read defenses...that comes with experience...that's the very slim advantage I believe exists between the 2 teams...

I left the house mid morning & I didn't get home until just after Chiefs/49ers kick off. In between I see Man City beat the Wolverines 2>1. I completely missed the Lions game but absolutely delighted they whooped the Vikings if only by a few points.

I was pretty sure SF would rein supreme over KC. I mean. I don't think we have ever been 6>0. What were the odds of that happening? But we did, somehow. There were key players missing on both sides and some interesting interception on both sides too. I noticed 49ers fans leaving early. I'm sure @marpow stayed the whole time.

Next up for KC is the Raiders. What shape is that team in?

Go Chiefs!
GaXrJ8AWEAAPVrI

Back