The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always a fight for the TV remote in our family.

ashremote.jpeg

always a fight for the TV remote in our family.

View attachment 108170
Our first dog would steal the remote. Constantly. Hed always do it with about 20 minutes left to a movie and stand right in front of the TV with it in his mouth. "Pay attention to me! I'm bored!" And it always worked.🫤

Saw this buck on our morning walk. In the neighbor’s yard near the park we walk at. He was chowing down on apples.
View attachment 108470
We had plenty of deer in our yard when we lived in Virginia - the lot “backed to trees” and deer tend to frequent the edge of forested land. These days, we get squirrels and hawks that keep the population in check. I did see a badger once.

Here are some of our highly domesticated deer at a friend's house the other evening. I was about 12 feet away from the one on the left when I snapped this shot.

View attachment 108504
Believe it or not, we have a good population of deer in corn country. I guess they like corn. lol
But, they are far from domesticated. Scared as hell.....which is why they tend to run out in the roads and become Dollar General steaks.

Believe it or not, we have a good population of deer in corn country. I guess they like corn. lol
But, they are far from domesticated. Scared as hell.....which is why they tend to run out in the roads and become Dollar General steaks.
Deer seem to be just about everywhere! LOL

The deer we have here also like to dash from the woods across roads in groups of several. Very often we see road kill. Usually they just bounce off, but I nailed one but good, just at the right spot to ruin my fender. I literally knocked the shit out of it as there was a blob of the stuff on the front door of my car.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Deer seem to be just about everywhere! LOL

The deer we have here also like to dash from the woods across roads in groups of several. Very often we see road kill. Usually they just bounce off, but I nailed one but good, just at the right spot to ruin my fender. I literally knocked the shit out of it as there was a blob of the stuff on the front door of my car.
Probably jinx myself, but for a guy who literally travels almost daily for hours on end.... never once hit a deer. I'll go further and say, not even close. Always see them along the ditches where there are trees.

I was driving cross-country as part of our move to Idaho, through North Dakota probably. The Interstate was closed for work, and although my GPS was working, it was dark as the inside of a cow and I'd lost the detour signs, and simply wanted to get to a motel - any motel. Coming over a ridge, I saw three deer in the middle of the road, and even though my check-engine light had been on for a month, the ABS worked and I stopped about a foot short of one. And it just stood there and stared at me. Even honking wouldn't make it move. I think I had to get out of the car and yell at it to get it to move.

I also remember once in Germany. I was riding shotgun, fortunately for me. Again, after dark, and the driver saw a deer standing beside the road. He slowed down to about 15MPH, and just as he came to the deer, it decided to go between the headlights. We ran over it and he saw it go into the woods behind us. Unfortunate for the deer, although one would hope that such stupidity would be bred out of them by now.

Back