The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent :

Jeff Martin (of The Tea Party)
Tumbleweed (Australia)
Franz Ferdinand
Queens of the Stone Age
Samsara Blues Experiment
Mark Lanegan
Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Upcoming :

Steven Wilson
Shihad
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard
Bloc Party

It's been a busy year :)

Well, everybody, tomorrow is a big day for me as I take my first trip across the Atlantic. I temporarily changed my avatar for the time that I'm gone because I'm going with a tribute band called "The British Invasion" (although that's my guitar in the picture, it's not my hair!!!). We're playing a show in Liverpool at the Cavern Club on Sunday, 7th October (I'm practicing my English as you can see), and in London at the Half Moon on Thursday, 11th October.

My wife and I will be spending a day with a fellow QQ member (and his wife) with whom I became acquainted (but never actually met) back when I offered to send copies of "Six String Theory" to countries where it wasn't sold. I can't begin to tell you all how exciting this is for me.

If you're in or around Liverpool or London and you can make it to one of our shows, I'll be thrilled to meet you. Here's our itinerary if you're interested: The British Invasion in England!

Oh - I probably won't be checking in here while (whilst?) I'm gone, so I'm sorry if I don't respond to any messages. See you on the other side!

View attachment 35773

That's awesome....have a safe trip and I hope you have a great time..

Well, everybody, tomorrow is a big day for me as I take my first trip across the Atlantic. I temporarily changed my avatar for the time that I'm gone because I'm going with a tribute band called "The British Invasion" (although that's my guitar in the picture, it's not my hair!!!). We're playing a show in Liverpool at the Cavern Club on Sunday, 7th October (I'm practicing my English as you can see), and in London at the Half Moon on Thursday, 11th October.

My wife and I will be spending a day with a fellow QQ member (and his wife) with whom I became acquainted (but never actually met) back when I offered to send copies of "Six String Theory" to countries where it wasn't sold. I can't begin to tell you all how exciting this is for me.

If you're in or around Liverpool or London and you can make it to one of our shows, I'll be thrilled to meet you. Here's our itinerary if you're interested: The British Invasion in England!

Oh - I probably won't be checking in here while (whilst?) I'm gone, so I'm sorry if I don't respond to any messages. See you on the other side!

View attachment 35773
That is so incredibly cool! Have a great show(s) and by all means, have a great time.

View attachment 35773

That is Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwesomw man - Very very kooooo and maybe even kooer hanging out with a fellow QQer from across the pond :SG:rocks

Florence and the Machine in DC tonight. In an interview on SiriusXM awhile back, Roger Daltrey referred to them as being the future of rock. On record, arrangements are often complex and dense--good candidate for a 5.1 sorting out!

View attachment 35773
Have a good gig at The Half Moon, I can't make it, although I will be at Heathrow on the 13th to go off on a work trip for 2 weeks, so if I see some lost hair I'll point it in the direction of the right terminal!

View attachment 35773
Have fun and enjoy yourself!
The Cavern Club. WOW...

31 may, 1 and 2 of jun Marillion Weekend in Lisboa. It will be my first Marillion concerts (3 days, 3 diferent set lists)

Ozzy Osbourne was canceled last night at Shoreline due to an infection in his finger, rescheduled for Oct 16th. I didn't know he sang out of his finger, big dummy.

Apparently Ozzy required surgery. He posted this photo:

4a8f39e5-b57a-4a51-965e-488637f4bdbf-OzzyFinger.jpg

Friday 10/5 Joan Baez Farewell Tour at Chicago Theater.

Joan was kind enough to send us a copy of her latest CD a couple months ago. I'd heard her in better voice. So, I didn't expect much.

She was in great voice, even when performing solo. Her set includes Diamonds and Rust, There But For Fortune, Don't think twice, Forever Young, We Shall Overcome, Honest Lullaby, and much more.

If you get to catch her live, you won't be disappointed.

Back