The Who - Who’s Next SDE series no. 30 (January 17th, 2025)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe all those expensive 5.1 box sets will be a thing of the past for later Dolby releases, as the "extra material" will have been used already.
YES says "no." At any rate --

Yea, got the box, but holy heck, WHO'S NEXT in Dolby Atmos where you don't have to sort through a big box! Pre-ordered!

Last edited:
I've got the big box. Both Books are wonderful for the appearance and content.

Now this Blu-ray only adds the Stereo Instrumentals. I really like the instrumental versions, especially when you know the songs, as @Juggsnelson says, that allows you to discover musical arrangements that are 'hidden' because of the vocals. BUT why they didn't include them also in Dolby Atmos? I think they could be available from the Wilson mixing work.

I'm wondering if this SDE #30 is worth it to me. I have until the end of this month to decide. :unsure:

I've got the big box. Both Books are wonderful for the appearance and content.

Agreed. That's the reason why I'm not selling the box immediately. In my case, stereo instrumentals are not enough of an incentive for me to purchase this.

But I'd have absolutely chosen the standalone blu-ray over the box set back in the day, had I had the option.

Hmm, . . . this might be the straw that breaks this camel's back. Of course, i ordered. And then i wondered why. And then i thought to myself, "This has to stop." And then i read a daily meditation that centered on simplifying things and eliminating that which is unnecessary. . . . !
It is a tough pill to swallow for sure. I almost feel like this particular #30 puts us at a turning point. Box, or no box....that is the question. (as I look at myself in the mirror)

Back