Thin Lizzy "1976" (SDE exclusive Blu-Ray with surround mixes of "Jailbreak" and Johnny the Fox")

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to figure out the best way to rip this disc, as one release or as the two albums on the disc.
Good question, I would go the 2 album route - Jailbreak and Johnny The Fox.

06UMGIM05417.rgb.jpg
00042282268723.rgb.jpg

Last edited:
Just personal opinion here (and it might sound funny or hypocritical given my association with D-V) but I always always tag albums released from a two-fer (like this one) or multi-album set separately. My feeling is that the length and the sequencing of the original album was carefully considered as part of the original creative process, and I don't want that changed by the arbitrary decision of someone decades later. I also feel like, outside of that, and maybe just conditioned by decades of listening habits that (double albums aside) 40 minutes, give or take, is the three bears "just right" size for a musical morsel.

Similarly, when an album has more than a couple of bonus tracks, I'll tag those separately too, like Album Title (96/24 5.1 Surround) for the main album and Album Title (96/24 5.1 Surround Bonus Tracks) for the extra tracks. Unless I'm specifically looking to hear them, I find that the listening experience of listening to 10 or 12 perfect, classic, well known songs, followed by demos, outtakes, rough mixes and so on of varying (and often declining) quality is a bit like that Mitch Hedberg joke about pancakes - "You're all happy at first, but then by the end, you're sick of 'em.”

Back