MMH Version 6.3 - New Dolby Atmos Helper tool & updated Multchannel Remix tool

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some Atmos .mkv's which are driving me nuts as one is around 15dB down, another is about 10dB down, so turned it up, then I put on a disc, forgot about the level change, and practically blew my ears off :)

I'll have to play with the settings on my X8500HA and hopefully it'll be better.

I have a question about the result of obtaining Atmos lossless m4a files with MMH.
There are two ways to get the same Atmos m4a file, but the size varies, as does the Kbps rate.
By the Extract Audio from MKV in MMH route, I can get Atmos lossless m4a. The other way is MMH Atmos Helper and DEE.
Well, the Atmos lossless m4a by Extract Audio from MKV in MMH is 10% larger in size (Mb) and almost gives 20% more Kbps.
What is the explanation and which is the best way?

Curious note, is that the lossless m4a by the 'Etract Audio from MKV' route are not read by KODI player, it only reads the first track when it is a multi-track album, for example The MPC-HC64 player has no problems when reading all the m4a obtained by one or the other way.
I don't know if I explained myself well.

I’m going to need more info to comment:

Are you splitting an MKV with chapters to create individual m4a files? It sounds like you have a m4a file with chapters if Kodi only plays first song?

What version of Kodi are you using?

How are you using the Atmos Helper? Decoding to wav the reencoding to m4a?

Back