TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! I'm watching a foreign series that isn't Japanese. It's German with subs. The name is Kleo & it's on Netflix.

It takes place in a unique time period, just before & then mostly after the fall of The Wall (not Pink Floyd's). It revolves around the name sake Kleo who works as an assassin for the East German Stasi. For political reasons she is framed, thrown in prison. When she gets out it's full throttle revenge. Every episode I watch I think wow this just perfect for @J. PUPSTER . And strongly recommended for anyone else.

Hey! I'm watching a foreign series that isn't Japanese. It's German with subs. The name is Kleo & it's on Netflix.

It takes place in a unique time period, just before & then mostly after the fall of The Wall (not Pink Floyd's). It revolves around the name sake Kleo who works as an assassin for the East German Stasi. For political reasons she is framed, thrown in prison. When she gets out it's full throttle revenge. Every episode I watch I think wow this just perfect for @J. PUPSTER . And strongly recommended for anyone else.

Thanks for thinking of me Sonik :LOL: Yep, I've seen the first season, not too bad.

* Here's what I watched last night on peacock to get my action hit -
A John Woo action flick set in Paris, a female assassin- aka 'The Queen of the Dead', for a mob boss. Man, she's got some killer eyebrows that's all I know!

Thanks for thinking of me Sonik :LOL: Yep, I've seen the first season, not too bad.

* Here's what I watched last night on peacock to get my action hit -
A John Woo action flick set in Paris, a female assassin- aka 'The Queen of the Dead', for a mob boss. Man, she's got some killer eyebrows that's all I know!

Woo. John Woo. Has he ever made a dud movie? I don't think so. And now he's doing stuff for peacock instead of theatrical release. Interesting. We have that series on the upstairs family TV but not in my Bassment. I might check it out anyway

and just so I'm not seen as being boxed into loving only action flixes; here's a show to sooth my more "moi intérieur raffiné", that I really love!!!
- Was originally on PBS/BBC Masterpiece (showing in my area now), but I'm also catching it on Amazon Prime.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/the-paradise/#

Heard it was horrible, let us know.
The reviews I read were pretty unfavorable and ironically Costner went ahead and filmed Part II of his Horizon saga and is NOW currently working on Part III for a total of an eleven hour epic!

He poured $35M of his own money in Part I which ended up costing $100M to film. And the sheer length [200 minutes] will probably preclude it from making a profit at the box office and will rely on streaming, etc. to ever turn any sort of dividends.

Maybe Kev should've just stuck it out with YELLOWSTONE!

The reviews I read were pretty unfavorable and ironically Costner went ahead and filmed Part II of his Horizon saga and is NOW currently working on Part III for a total of an eleven hour epic!

He poured $35M of his own money in Part I which ended up costing $100M to film. And the sheer length [200 minutes] will probably preclude it from making a profit at the box office and will rely on streaming, etc. to ever turn any sort of dividends.

Dances with Wolves II ? :unsure:

Actor/Director Kevin Costner's sprawling 200 minute epic HORIZON: AN AMERICAN SAGA is premiering tonight on HBO/MAX @ 8 PM EST

Heard it was horrible, let us know.
I just spent over 3 hours watching this absolute mess of a film I still don't know what it was all about ........I think I liked Costner better as the corpse in THE BIG CHILL!

Sounds like he’s doing another “Waterworld.” He’s not known for making short films, either.

If I were in the film business, I would hire him as an actor in many cases, but I would NEVER give him free rein on how to spend money.

Sounds like he’s doing another “Waterworld.” He’s not known for making short films, either.

If I were in the film business, I would hire him as an actor in many cases, but I would NEVER give him free rein on how to spend money.
If part I of Horizon ended up costing $100M ...imagine what it cost to film Parts II and III with inflation reaching record highs? Part I was so incoherent and inconsequential focusing on puzzling aspects of everyday life and all this time a Civil War was raging between North and South and NO mention was remotely addressed about this egregious conflict.

And the ending .....a rushed synopsis of the entire film usually associated with a TV series portending what to expect in upcoming episodes. A REAL head scratcher!

John Ford, Howard Hawks and even the controversial Sam Peckinpah are literally turning over in their graves!

Should be retitled: HOW THE WEST WAS LOST!

Last edited:
I went to see ALIEN: ROMULUS in the local theater yesterday, and the big screen no longer compensated for the low projector light and thus lousy overall resolution of the picture. My TV now does better than that. Granted, they had a more powerful sound system!

Theaters -- at least local ones, I saw a fantastic overall picture / sound in Edinburgh spring before last! -- better up their game again.

This looks like it might be another good one.

Preview - Ken Burns' DAVINCI
(* looks like around Nov. 18th-19th on your PBS stations/streams)

Nonesuch score...

https://carolineshaw.lnk.to/LeonardoDaVinci

@humprof -attn: 👀

Thanks for the heads~UP, PUPSTER. My DVR will certainly be busy recording this episodic journey come November.

And surprisingly, according to Ken Burns, Da Vinci only painted 20 paintings during his entire lifetime and only 10 were ever fully completed.

Back