Steven Wilson Ultravox Lament remix forthcoming! (SDE-exclusive Blu-Ray & 7CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my SDE order in yesterday, and am anxious to give this one a good going over. I'm sure I won't be disappointed with it.

One quick note about the packaging. Seems SDE at some point switched to a different ZERO PACKAGING (PLASTIC FREE) mailer; which I'm all for anything being plastic free if it makes sense to do so. However the old one IINM had a hard plastic zipper tab (and maybe also a plastic strip the entire way) on it and worked great, this new one is all cardboard and as you start to pull on the tab it breaks off about a half inch down (still relatively easy to get it opened up.) It's a very minor concern, but one I believe SDE should be aware of.

Keep on truckin' SDE, love what you're doing!!!
Now, back to the music; and as a Steven Wilson mix is bound to be excellent :)

Just sampled a few tracks on my copy and they were uniformly great - loads of height and surround activity. My initial impression is that the Atmos mix blows everything else out of the water. The packaging with embossed slip is very attractive. Too bad the other titles didn't get the blu-ray/atmos treatment. Looking forward to an in-depth listen.

I ordered the box set and Blu-ray bundle through SDE and just got a shipping notice today for my U.S.-based order. Has anyone in North America already received the box set? Any comments?

Mine arrived direct from SDE today too but a crazy busy work day and family movie night (IF) have foiled any attempt to give this a spin thus far. Currently sitting alongside my wife grinding our way through all the movie extras (at her insistence)...

I only got the SDE as I only listen to the extra's in a boxset once so I was very happy when they gave a option for a lossless Atmos mix this time and this is my favorite Ultravox album. I have only had one listen so far as just got my copy but I am very happy with what SW has done. I just wish that the remix's that SW did could have been given the Atmos treatment as well instead of stereo only. This is my go to listen now for Lament. Job well done by everyone involved to make this happen.

Well in my rush to order the Tears for Fears Live SDE release I put it in the shopping cart but walk away from computer to attend to something and when I come back later I just click on the cart and don't look very careful and click on the order and then I see that I ordered Ultravox-Lament for a second time and I already have it and LOVE it. I immediately send a cancel request in to superdeluxeedition but with the 8 hour time difference I have to wait till next morning to see if they cancelled only to see the order is on the way. Anyone need a copy?

I don't even think GOS or anyone else has ordered a disk they just got in their hands and did a second order.
You can call this move a UltraZAC.

Back