Upgrade From 5.1.2 to 5.1.4 Suggestions?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hoople

QQ Supporter
I’ve currently got a 5.1.2 setup in my music room with upfiring Klipsch RP-500SA II’s in front. Not real content with this, so I plan to wall mount them about 3 feet above my Boston Acoustic floor mains. I will use the mounts where you can adjust vertically and horizontally to point towards the listening position.

I also would like to upgrade to heights in the rear and here is where I’d like a little guidance from those who have done this before. As you can see from the photos, my space is large but not ideal since one side of the room opens up to an open two story space. I have two rear speakers that were installed before I moved in. No idea what kind they are but seem to be decent quality. I think I want to now use these as rear heights and possibly buy a couple of speakers on stands to go basically directly behind the couch as my rear mains. I’m not going to ceiling Atmos speakers because there’s a fan right at the MLP and my HVAC would also be in the way where I would have to install them.

My question is would this be a viable solution or would I be better off continuing to use the back wall speakers as the rear mains and then install height Atmos speakers above them on that back wall? Any other suggestions?

IMG_2024-07-25-153723.jpeg
IMG_2024-07-25-154235.jpeg
IMG_2024-07-25-154049.jpeg
IMG_2024-07-25-154336.jpeg
IMG_2024-07-25-154417.jpeg
IMG_2024-07-25-154639.jpeg

Well hell. Never mind. Looks like my Yamaha Aventage RXA-1080 receiver can only do 5.1.2. So my only option is to put the front heights up on the wall and see if that improves things unless I upgrade my receiver. At least it saves me money. For a while.

Well hell. Never mind. Looks like my Yamaha Aventage RXA-1080 receiver can only do 5.1.2. So my only option is to put the front heights up on the wall and see if that improves things unless I upgrade my receiver. At least it saves me money. For a while.
I've never known this hobby to save me money!! 😁

A new receiver it is then.
Nice room .

Back