Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this is as good as a place, to ask.....Has anyone found a workaround going from HDMI to RCA cables?
Iam trying to hookup my SACD player to the Sansui? I've tried those Amazon converters with no audio passing thru....
Have you selected DSD to PCM conversion for HDMI in the set-up menu for your SACD player? Otherwise a conventional DAC won't be able to handle it.

Help needed please
I bought the standalone blu ray of The pineapple thief - Dissolution so that I could sell my artbook to save space (which is seriously limited)
My first choice player is a Panasonic DMP-UB900, the new disc wasn’t recognised so I tried it in my 2nd player, a Yamaha BD-A1040 and it played perfectly
Out of curiosity I tried the blu ray from my artbook and the exact same thing happened!!!
Obviously the discs are fine and my Panasonic has never refused a disc before, is it possible that a player can just take a dislike to a specific disc?

I remember when this was released there were issues with Panasonic players not being able to read the disc, I don’t think it was ever resolved unfortunately….

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...e-thief-dissolution-replacement-bluray.30968/

How about a link. If it’s truly for lazy people then I might try.
No reading…right??? All directions are pictures…right???
🤪
Well, the main lazy bit is you don't treat your starter like a pet, feeding it every day (or whatever) and tossing out stuff constantly. He keeps it in the fridge (whereby the yeast nod off) and only uses the starter when he wants to bake. I've modified it a bit (to get a better rise), but I got edible bread each time:

Have you selected DSD to PCM conversion for HDMI in the set-up menu for your SACD player? Otherwise a conventional DAC won't be able to handle it.
I "think" I've found an/the issue.When I plugged the TV into the rear of my Sony 800, I get nothing but snap, crackle and popping. For chits and giggles, I pulled the cover off HDMI 2 in the rear, I had clean music coming thru the TV soundboard. I just got home from a m/c ride, and Iam beat. Another all day ride Saturday, so it will be Sunday before I have time to go further.
Thanks for the suggestion

I "think" I've found an/the issue.When I plugged the TV into the rear of my Sony 800, I get nothing but snap, crackle and popping. For chits and giggles, I pulled the cover off HDMI 2 in the rear, I had clean music coming thru the TV soundboard. I just got home from a m/c ride, and Iam beat. Another all day ride Saturday, so it will be Sunday before I have time to go further.
Thanks for the suggestion
1000003620.jpg

My wife and I enjoy a show on Discovery called Expedition hosted by Josh Gates. It's one of those scripted travel/adventure shows where he goes traipsing off to the Peruvian jungle to search for a crystal skull or the such. I leaned that there was a 4 part special mini-series of this called Expedition: Back to the Future. Quite a fun watch it's also available on Amazon.

In the 4th episode they go looking for parts to build a new model Delorian. That location is called Apex Surplus in California. Now there's a lot of places to buy movie props & memorabilia. But this is the place FX wizards or prop masters go to actually build that memorabilia. It was incredible to watch in that episode when they visited. The website doesn't really do it justice. But here ya go. Get ready to geek out:

https://apexsurplus.com/

Be sure to check out the Etsy/Ebay/Reverb links.

My wife and I enjoy a show on Discovery called Expedition hosted by Josh Gates. It's one of those scripted travel/adventure shows where he goes traipsing off to the Peruvian jungle to search for a crystal skull or the such. I leaned that there was a 4 part special mini-series of this called Expedition: Back to the Future. Quite a fun watch it's also available on Amazon.

In the 4th episode they go looking for parts to build a new model Delorian. That location is called Apex Surplus in California. Now there's a lot of places to buy movie props & memorabilia. But this is the place FX wizards or prop masters go to actually build that memorabilia. It was incredible to watch in that episode when they visited. The website doesn't really do it justice. But here ya go. Get ready to geek out:

https://apexsurplus.com/

Be sure to check out the Etsy/Ebay/Reverb links.
Replying to my own post haha etc. Look at this:
https://reverb.com/item/71623238-dbx-quintaphonic-sound-qs-processor-rack-5-1-silver

That unit looks so cool! I love the large QS logo and Qintaphonic logos on the front of the modules. I can't tell from the photos if it is a vario-matrix decoder but it could/should be. Was dbx part of the system, perhaps something wrong is with that card? The masking tape on the dbx module says something about "motorboating".

Last edited:
That unit looks so cool! I love the large QS logo and Qintaphonic logos on the front of the modules. I can't tell from the photos if it is a vario-matrix decoder but it could/should be. Was dbx part of the system, perhaps something wrong is with that card? The masking tape on the dbx module says something about "motorboating".
Yes indeed. Just as conspicuous is that nowhere is the Sansui logo to be found. On the back of the larger decoder unit it says Quinta Enterprises. If you google that today all you get is hits from the La Quinta motel chain.

At $140 plus shipping, that's cheap enough for me to consider buying, just to satisfy my curiosity. But I would have to build another purpose built power supply and I need another decoder like I need another hole in the head.

So I guess it's on you Ken, to make an offer & check it out. It looks like a 5U 19" rack mount which I know you can't resist. So let us all know about it when you get your new toy!

I guess this is as good as a place, to ask.....Has anyone found a workaround going from HDMI to RCA cables?
Iam trying to hookup my SACD player to the Sansui? I've tried those Amazon converters with no audio passing thru....
HDMI > Analog is easy to find. Analog > HDMI not so much. For the former I recommend one of the Monoprice Blackbird units...just be sure it's one that passes 6 channels. The outputs are 3.5 mm but there are converter cables to go from that to RCA.

Back