Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you ever think this way?
When I get a new release, I feel some pressure to listen to it, not for the sake of QQ, but for myself. I purchased it, I want to listen, I don't want to purchase music and not listen.

I find I have been going back to music I listened to once, just random choices, listening in a more calm mood, and enjoying the heck out of it.

Sometimes, I wish they would slow down the surround choices, like back to 10 years ago.
Better watch what you wish for I guess.
Wish for more, get too much.
Wish for less and probably get nothing.

As I write, listening to Porcupine Tree-Closure/Continuation in Atmos, very nice.

Sometimes, I wish they would slow down the surround choices, like back to 10 years ago.
Like they say, "Be careful what you wish for." Until this morning, I didn't even know that Chicago IX and No Secrets, among others, had been released in Atmos.

I find I have been going back to music I listened to once, just random choices, listening in a more calm mood, and enjoying the heck out of it.

Yes, yes, yes. Sometimes I randomly go back to a one-and-done album and discover all sorts of hidden gems.

So @mandrix , have you ever had to deal with welding techniques such as TIG root pass? How about metals with high nickel content such as Hastelloy C? Having worked in the process and power industries, we were always using exotic metals here and there which required that 100% of the welds be X-rayed.

I didn't work all that long in the nuclear industry where they had to X-ray the X-rayers and drug testing of anyone working on the sites was ubiquitous.

What plants did you work at? I also worked the nuke circuit, thru the 80's and into the 90's.
People don't understand the manpower it takes to built a power generating unit. The were 12,000 Steamfitters alone during the day shift, and maybe half that number during the night shift.

Do you ever think this way?
When I get a new release, I feel some pressure to listen to it, not for the sake of QQ, but for myself. I purchased it, I want to listen, I don't want to purchase music and not listen.

Better watch what you wish for I guess.
Wish for more, get too much.
Wish for less and probably get nothing.

As I write, listening to Porcupine Tree-Closure/Continuation in Atmos, very nice.
I remember simpler times and listening to just a few albums just inside and out. Modern availability has really mirrored my OCD to hear stuff! I think it's still my own fault. It's simply become possible to go off the deep end collecting music. Now I have more Pink Floyd recordings than I'll ever even be able to get to the end of!

The one time listens...
I try to grab 24 bit and the fullest surround sound copies of anything with the idea that even if I end up only listening to something once, at least I gave it the best shot from the best seats and heard it at its fullest.

In response to a random thing I said in this thread a while ago, there in fact IS an SACD only marked as stereo with a multi-channel mix hiding on the disc, none other than the 1982 masterpiece La Folia by Gregorio Paniagua!

Last edited:
Help needed please
I bought the standalone blu ray of The pineapple thief - Dissolution so that I could sell my artbook to save space (which is seriously limited)
My first choice player is a Panasonic DMP-UB900, the new disc wasn’t recognised so I tried it in my 2nd player, a Yamaha BD-A1040 and it played perfectly
Out of curiosity I tried the blu ray from my artbook and the exact same thing happened!!!
Obviously the discs are fine and my Panasonic has never refused a disc before, is it possible that a player can just take a dislike to a specific disc?

Does anyone have any idea what these "cornheads" are used for? @GOS ? They certainly are nasty looking beasts. The model might make an interesting freight car load for my choo choos.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2959248188...9KEW2E&hash=item44e67e6382:g:G3gAAOSw~zJk~Nyb

cornhead.jpg

Back