Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife and I are due for a new vehicle. :( We haven't had a car payment for 4 years. Ugh......
We love our Jeep Cherokee and are looking at a 2024. I suppose we'll get a good trade valud on our 2017, which has 90,000 miles and mint condition honestly. I also looked at a 2024 Dodge Durango RT Hemi. What a freak of nature. V8 with over 350 hp, with a $9500 discount. It's gray, and pretty nice. Tempting....
In New England 90,000 miles is practically a new car!

Amen. I've noticed women's shorts are, uh, really short now. I guess I can live with it. :)
Though no one is going to be looking at me I wear shorts year round. I have two pairs of jeans. Well if I do get looks it's usually my long white beard. lol.
C’mon, we know that you’re really a sharp dressed man!

So @mandrix , have you ever had to deal with welding techniques such as TIG root pass? How about metals with high nickel content such as Hastelloy C? Having worked in the process and power industries, we were always using exotic metals here and there which required that 100% of the welds be X-rayed.

I didn't work all that long in the nuclear industry where they had to X-ray the X-rayers and drug testing of anyone working on the sites was ubiquitous.

So @mandrix , have you ever had to deal with welding techniques such as TIG root pass? How about metals with high nickel content such as Hastelloy C? Having worked in the process and power industries, we were always using exotic metals here and there which required that 100% of the welds be X-rayed.

I didn't work all that long in the nuclear industry where they had to X-ray the X-rayers and drug testing of anyone working on the sites was ubiquitous.
Not really. This is a farming and timber industry area. So farm equipment, sawmills/mulch plants etc. Most of the TIG work I did was on aluminum, on 3/4 wheeler engines (M/C engines), some restaraunt equipment, etc., and MIG weld aluminum dump truck haulers with a spool gun.

Of course being a job shop there were a large variety of objects/materials I can't recall all of.
The one that dumbfounded me initially was a push mower body. I thought it was some kind of aluminum, turned out to be magnesium!

I welded out in field with the portable welder at the sawmills, welded aluminum irrigation pipe with a torch (real, real, real fun).

Since the 80's, the only thing I've welded were sub frame connectors (SFC's) on my Z28, and that was a while back.

Last edited:
The first record store I was in was the Musicland store in the lower level of the Indian Springs Mall in KS in 1971, no listening booths.

The FYE store on 40 highway did have a few listening stations (headphones only), I never tried them.

Anyone listened to any songs or albums in these type of listening booths?

Kirk Bayne

View attachment 108928
In 1967 at Comer's Record Nook in North Star Mall in San Antonio. "Have You Seen Her Face" by The Byrds. Great store that closed a couple of months later. They probably couldn't afford the rent.

Back