Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I will look into those. i am not currently pursuing analog sources but I am liking this quad receiver. Discs and streaming seem to me to be the better option though I I don't understand it yet. Why can't any Blu-ray player with individual rca channels for two fronts and two rear channels work?
It seems like it should work, but there are a handful of “esoteric” formats that your player may not read. SACD works wonderfully on my Oppo, but it’s a bit if an odd duck when it comes to players being able to decode it. Imsuspect that DTS encoded discs will work fine, but again, it’s not a given that every player will decode every format.

Hello Everyone: I am The Quadfather. The Only Quadfather. One and the same. I just had a horrible experience trying to get logged back in after my account was frozen and I discovered that the email I had on file with Quadraphonicquad was my work email address, and guess what? I'm now retired! The ordeal is still not over, but at least I can post now. This website really needs a way to get in touch with the administrators that is a two way conversation, once frozen out. The link should be on the page informing you that your account is frozen. Also, if you're going to reject a registration, then you need to allow the rejectee to delete the rejected application, so that the information that wasn't objectionable can be reused. It is highly questionable as to whether one of my attempts was really that objectionable or someone was just being super woke. But I digress. I'm back on, and I'm happy about that. I will discuss with the person that came to my rescue how to clean up the mess. I just want my user name, My avatar, and my history back. But at this point, I am confident I will get them all back, as well as my status as a contributing member.
The Quadfather
AKA: The Only Quadfather

Hello all!

I’ve been checking these forums for feedback on new releases etc. for years and finally decided it was time to register. My library consists of several hundred hi-res releases across all formats and a healthy (or unhealthy depending on the view) selection of vinyl which I play through a 5.2.4 configuration.

Hello all!

I’ve been checking these forums for feedback on new releases etc. for years and finally decided it was time to register. My library consists of several hundred hi-res releases across all formats and a healthy (or unhealthy depending on the view) selection of vinyl which I play through a 5.2.4 configuration.
Welcome to :51QQ

Hello all!

Yeah, I wouldn't start pulling threads on "is this hobby healthy" myself.

Hello Everyone: I am The Quadfather. The Only Quadfather. One and the same. I just had a horrible experience trying to get logged back in after my account was frozen and I discovered that the email I had on file with Quadraphonicquad was my work email address, and guess what? I'm now retired! The ordeal is still not over, but at least I can post now. This website really needs a way to get in touch with the administrators that is a two way conversation, once frozen out. The link should be on the page informing you that your account is frozen. Also, if you're going to reject a registration, then you need to allow the rejectee to delete the rejected application, so that the information that wasn't objectionable can be reused. It is highly questionable as to whether one of my attempts was really that objectionable or someone was just being super woke. But I digress. I'm back on, and I'm happy about that. I will discuss with the person that came to my rescue how to clean up the mess. I just want my user name, My avatar, and my history back. But at this point, I am confident I will get them all back, as well as my status as a contributing member.
The Quadfather

Ralph - Your avatar is back. Hope you are now back to normal at QQ!

Hello all!

The music collecting hobby can become an obsession, or it can be a hobby. Sort of like collecting cats. I’ve described my niece as being one cat short of being the crazy cat lady. Some of us are that way with Jethro Tull. Or worse.

Ralph - Your avatar is back. Hope you are now back to normal at QQ!
Jon, I thank you so much! I have a copy, but it's on a floppy disk. That's how long I've had it. Can you send me a file by email so I can copy it to a modern storage device? Thanks in advance,
Ralph Carson
AKA: The Quadfather

The Quadfather
Ok, I don't belong here on this thread anymore. I'm not a new member! LOL!

The music collecting hobby can become an obsession, or it can be a hobby. Sort of like collecting cats. I’ve described my niece as being one cat short of being the crazy cat lady. Some of us are that way with Jethro Tull. Or worse.
:sneaky: I don't know what you mean :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

1722631624374.png

Vertical is the no. of discs, and its not up to date due to the size of the to-listen-to mountain!

The Groundhogs? I've never heard of them. They go way back to 1963, so shame on me...once again. Doh!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Groundhogs
Thank Christ For The Bomb was one of my first cassettes (Hawkind's In Search Of Space was the 1st). They were the first band I ever saw, straight after my 'O' Level exams at the St. Albans Civic Hall 28th June 1974 - I have all the albums more than once in many formats :rolleyes:

Back