What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
71wmy5tJYBL._SL1200_.jpg

These two just arrived in the mailbox today:

htf_jb_63-64-large.jpg
htf_jb_56-62-large.jpg

By far the clearest and most detailed version of Petula Clark's Downtown that I've ever heard is on the 1963-64 disc. Even my Petula Clark loving, non-audiophile wife said, "That's really clear and you can hear all the instruments." And finally, after getting so Tired Of Waiting For It, a stereo (DES) version of the Kinks, Tired Of Waiting For You...a Kinks song that I never get Tired Of Hearing.

These two just arrived in the mailbox today:

View attachment 39859 View attachment 39860

By far the clearest and most detailed version of Petula Clark's Downtown that I've ever heard is on the 1963-64 disc. Even my Petula Clark loving, non-audiophile wife said, "That's really clear and you can hear all the instruments." And finally, after getting so Tired Of Waiting For It, a stereo (DES) version of the Kinks, Tired Of Waiting For You...a Kinks song that I never get Tired Of Hearing.

AR, if you're a Petula Clark Fan, you might like this Stereo SACD: https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=6279#tracks

AR, if you're a Petula Clark Fan, you might like this Stereo SACD: https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=6279#tracks

Thanks, Ralph. Unfortunately, highfidelityreview.com said:

"Kiss Me Goodbye features the original versions of all of Petula Clark’s big hits. However, listening to the SACD leaves me with the impression that the remastering engineer didn’t have access to the original master tapes for this release. As a result, I think listeners will find that sonically this SACD sounds very close to the CD version of these hits rather than offering the sonic improvements we’ve heard in some of Top Music’s earlier SACD releases."

So I think I won't be buying this particular SACD. Besides, it's my wife who is the Petula uberfan.

Thanks, Ralph. Unfortunately, highfidelityreview.com said:

"Kiss Me Goodbye features the original versions of all of Petula Clark’s big hits. However, listening to the SACD leaves me with the impression that the remastering engineer didn’t have access to the original master tapes for this release. As a result, I think listeners will find that sonically this SACD sounds very close to the CD version of these hits rather than offering the sonic improvements we’ve heard in some of Top Music’s earlier SACD releases."

So I think I won't be buying this particular SACD. Besides, it's my wife who is the Petula uberfan.

OK, AR ...... I think it sounds great but who am I. Besides, it's OOP anyway and would probably not be worth the trouble....nor expense!

OK, AR ...... I think it sounds great but who am I. Besides, it's OOP anyway and would probably not be worth the trouble....nor expense!

I have this as I am a fan of her music. But I remember not being blown away with the sound when I played it. Been a few years I don't even know where the disc is.....
She is still performing......

King Crimson Live in Newcastle, Bert Lams/Fabio Mittino Movimenti both arrived in the mail today.
I am on the fence about ordering Bonerama Plays Zeppelin. Love the horns, but to put it in perspective, the best review I have ever read about Bonerama "Mark Mullins the Michael Jordan of Basketball on trombone ... the Michael Jordan of Baseball on vocals".

Ralph, Who Am I is a song on the album. Did you think I wouldn't catch that? ;) Stuff seems to be only OOP if I want it, so it figures that one can find it here for $35:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Petula-Clark-Kiss-Me-Goodbye-Hybrid-Stereo-SACD/productinfo/TMISA8935/
(In stock as of this posting time.)

It might be a nice gift for your wife and that's about what I paid for it. Perhaps the next time Elusive Discs has one of their 10% off sales would be an opportune time to order it.

Back