What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since everyone seems to like Mrs Miller, here's a favorite of mine:

She comes in quite handy if you're ready for your guests to leave ;)

This Mrs.Miller stuff is fascinating. I did not know the story, so I found a great summary of her life and career:
https://www.danacountryman.com/elva/elva.html

Bring on William Shatner for more Beatles mayhem!

I've been having conversations with @nikomen about the Band On The Run album. While I like many of the songs quite a bit, there are a couple that really annoy me. They are Let Me Roll It and Picasso's Last Words. So of course, Let Me Roll It was in my head all bloody day long; and then I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and I started humming, "Drink to me, drink to myself." (I even got the words wrong, apparently.)

So all I can say is:

View attachment 104045
Not to rub it in, but I luuuvvv the guitar in “Let Me Roll It.”

Heard this at a friends house the other night and can’t get it out of my head.
Tokyo Groove Jyoshi featuring Juan Serita on bass and Harumo Imai on sax.

Last edited:
ICE NINE KILLS x REEL BIG FISH - Walking On Sunshine (Official Music Video)

Two entertaining bands deviating a little bit while walking on sunshine

This one from With The Beatles / Meet The Beatles has been in my head a couple of days now:

It is actually quite a pretty song, especially when they go into "You're giving me the same old line..."
The Pretenders did a nice cover of it:

I'd like to get that version and make a 5.1 out of it. What do think, @nikomen .

Too bad there aren't any original Beatles versions without distortion in the vocals.

Had this 6-song EP on repeat for the last month or so - if you like Roy Ayers, or Emergency on Planet Earth-era Jamiroquai, or late '70s jazz-funk in general, this should be right up your street - amazing to see anyone new doing it in 2024.
Some fine funky bass playing there on Perfect Night and Anything You Want. Especially on Anything You Want. [Edit: Oops, meant on Perfect Night.]

Last edited:
Roy Buchanan - Please Don't Turn Me Away
Loved his playing on his 1953 Telecaster.
You have reminded me to listen to his 1985 album "When A Guitar Plays The Blues" as I haven't played it in quite a while! An excellent album.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_a_Guitar_Plays_the_Blues_(Roy_Buchanan_album)
1726865329912.png

Some fine funky bass playing there on Perfect Night and Anything You Want. Especially on Anything You Want. [Edit: Oops, meant on Perfect Night.]

Yeah and throughout the other tracks too - the bassist is obviously a lot busier and flashier than Paul Jackson with all the slap and pop, but the rhythm arrangements throughout reminded me a lot of the Herbie Hancock Head Hunters and Thrust albums, the way everything is syncopated and sparse so no instrument is getting in the way of any other instrument.

Back