Worst Hit Radio Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyone mentioned this one before, but there was this horrible song they played on the radio that went something like "My name is Lisa, not Judy" (or Judy, not Lisa), I forget, but everytime that thing came on it was an instant station change. It had to be late '60s, early '70s

To think, in our lifetime we went from mono to Dolby Atmos!
Yeah amazing music listening transformation.
I remember using the aforementioned mono record player to listen to my first LP.....George Harrisons All Things Must Pass, triple release. My parents bought it for me as a Christmas present in 1970!! Age 16

So, what would be the worst radio / streamed single ever recorded in Dolby Atmos? I can't think of any because I don't listen to recent music, but I'm sure someone here can come up with a real dog. (My apologies to the wonderful doggies in the Pet and Critter thread for use of that term.)

Thread drift alert...

To think, if you were born after 1947, you have never seen the Arizona (nee St. Louis, nee Chicago) Cardinals win an NFL Championship or a Super Bowl. For whatever reason, I find that to be more amazing than going from mono to Dolby Atmos.

So, what would be the worst radio / streamed single ever recorded in Dolby Atmos? I can't think of any because I don't listen to recent music, but I'm sure someone here can come up with a real dog. (My apologies to the wonderful doggies in the Pet and Critter thread for use of that term.)

Thread drift alert...

To think, if you were born after 1947, you have never seen the Arizona (nee St. Louis, nee Chicago) Cardinals win an NFL Championship or a Super Bowl. For whatever reason, I find that to be more amazing than going from mono to Dolby Atmos.
Referencing dogs, Dogpool is cool

Thread drift alert...

Even though my Cleveland Browns were whooping ass and winning titles in the 40s and 50s as part of the All-American Football Conference and then the NFL, they have not won a title since 1964! Hoping the sixty-year drought ends soon. My sympathies to the football Cardinals fans as well. 77 years is like forever in sports. Don’t get me started on the Guardians/Indians in the MLB, although they look pretty great so far this year!

I remember when those “hi-fi” 33-1/3rpm records first came out. We didn’t get one right away.

I had a handful of 78s when I was little, but they were given away one time we moved.

My dad built a hi-fi in 1962 or so. The tuner was Harmon Kardon, and it had a strange combination of “stereo” modes, although there was only one speaker and amplifier. Stereo didn’t happen for me until I started buying gear in the Army - 1968.

I remember when those “hi-fi” 33-1/3rpm records first came out. We didn’t get one right away.

I had a handful of 78s when I was little, but they were given away one time we moved.

My dad built a hi-fi in 1962 or so. The tuner was Harmon Kardon, and it had a strange combination of “stereo” modes, although there was only one speaker and amplifier. Stereo didn’t happen for me until I started buying gear in the Army - 1968.
And how can we ever forget: “mono reprocessed for stereo”? The forerunner of double stereo.

I remember first seeing LPs in the mid-to-late fifties and they looked weird to me since before that, I had only had Little Golden Records, 10 and 12 inch 78s and 45s. It just looked strange that a side was divided into "bands".

Of course, they became much more familiar looking when my parents started buying them. Our first stereo was a Sonic brand portable my dad bought in 1961. I still have the first two LPs , on Columbia, he also bought when he bought that stereo - "Freedomland" and "Bottoms up" by George Roberts who's instrument was a bass trombone. Magical days.

I have a couple thousand LPs these days.

Doug

I remember first seeing LPs in the mid-to-late fifties and they looked weird to me since before that, I had only had Little Golden Records, 10 and 12 inch 78s and 45s. It just looked strange that a side was divided into "bands".

Of course, they became much more familiar looking when my parents started buying them. Our first stereo was a Sonic brand portable my dad bought in 1961. I still have the first two LPs , on Columbia, he also bought when he bought that stereo - "Freedomland" and "Bottoms up" by George Roberts who's instrument was a bass trombone. Magical days.

Doug
So, you could have been “Sonic Wiz”,@ as opposed to being @Sonik Wiz!

Doug
I believe the first record I ever purchased was "Love You So" by Ron Holden. I got him to autograph it in the late '90s. I understand he passed away a few years after that, although the last time I read his wiki entry, it was cited as a rumor.

The first album I bought was "The Beach Boys in Concert." Definitely mono, because, as I noted, we didn't have stereo.

I still have both, and my LP collection is in my avatar, and can be seen in my build blog. I don't have much of them on discogs yet, although I figure several would be rejected because they aren't music. My tastes are eclectic and electric.

And how can we ever forget: “mono reprocessed for stereo”? The forerunner of double stereo.
This kind of stereo was provided in receivers made before the FCC approved the Zenith-GE system of stereo broadcast.

In addition to a position for a forthcoming demodulator for whichever system won, these tuners could play stereo sent by:
- An AM station and an FM station
- Two FM stations
- Mono

Phil Spector demanded:

Attachments

• back to mono.jpg
    back to mono.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Back