Steven Wilson XTC’s Skylarking to be released in Dolby Atmos (Blu-Ray out September 27!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In any case, the authoring issue remains in this release and all other releases that does not consolidate the whole album in a single M2TS file.

For instance, I was listening yesterday KC- Larks Tongues in Aspic Atmos, and I really miss the beginnings of some songs, which bothers me a lot.
On the opposite, the YES-Fragile recent Atmos has the whole album with the whole 5 sound/versions options in a single 00000.M2TS file.

The loss of initial seconds may be insignificant or very important depending on each one's system or the amount of initial music at high volume.

This Forum could promote the good practice of authoring music Bluray albums in single M2TS file. But as this is a problem that has been there around for decades, and no one has ever cared for films when you lose the initial sound of the film studio intro or of the film itself, I dont think many authoring studios will take care, or even will know what we are talking about.

It is a First World Problem that some of us have corrected by merging the files into one single file with the audio/video tools we know.

Great post and I agree this needs to be highlighted. Whoever did the authoring for this disc probably simply didn't realise the impact of authoring the tracks this way instead of one contiguous file with track markers, and would/will likely alter their workflow if provided with the appropriate (kindly worded) feedback.

I hate it when this happens... on my mighty OPPO BDP-103D , both (up until now) , the first seconds are cut off on 1000 Umbrellas and Season Cycle (and Earn Enough for us..., will I have to return it and ask for a repress???

I did QC in the previous 5.1 BD and it was something that was VERY IMPORTANT, so QC and the people who did the authoring were not very thorough!

Does it happen to anyone else here?
Just wondering if you have the same issue out of the analog outputs and if you tried another HDMI cable.

Back