HiRez Poll XTC - SKYLARKING [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of XTC - SKYLARKING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Could we all PLEASE send our thought so SDE and DEMAND a repress without the authoring glitch?
I KNOW we can all get together and do this!
PLEASE COMPLAIN to [email protected] and ask for a repress of this!
Now , I wouldn't mind that much if I didn't LOVE this goddamn album!

Could we all PLEASE send our thought so SDE and DEMAND a repress without the authoring glitch?
I KNOW we can all get together and do this!
PLEASE COMPLAIN to [email protected] and ask for a repress of this!
Now , I wouldn't mind that much if I didn't LOVE this goddamn album!
What do SDE have to do with this release? The issue should be brought to the attention of the label, Ape House, or directly to Andy Partridge (deleted his Twitter) and/or Steven Wilson.

What do SDE have to do with this release? The issue should be brought to the attention of the label, Ape House, or directly to Andy Partridge (deleted his Twitter) and/or Steven Wilson.
Well, Ape House too cause I guess SW would have nothing to do with the authoring, it's only a couple of quick emails, I know if we all get together, we could do something instead of letting them give us shitty authored discs!

I hate it when this happens... on my mighty OPPO BDP-103D , both (up until now) , the first seconds are cut off on 1000 Umbrellas and Season Cycle (and Earn Enough for us..., will I have to return it and ask for a repress???

I did QC in the previous 5.1 BD and it was something that was VERY IMPORTANT, so QC and the people who did the authoring were not very thorough!

Does it happen to anyone else here?
Hey Kap'n. Sorry to hear about your playback issues. I have a BDP-S6200. After reading your post, I went back and played Skylarking again and 1000 Umbrellas, Season Cycle, and Earn Enough For Us started from the beginning on the Blu-Ray and the CD. As JediJoker said, this is an Ape House product. I recently had playback issues on a few Atmos BD's and after much troubleshooting and help from QQ members, the issue was my equipment. In the end, I played around with audio playback options and found resolve by changing one setting. Hope this is all you need to do to find the fix. Wish I could be more helpful and wish you the best in getting your issue resolved. The moderators may want to start a new thread to clean up this poll. I'll be following this to see how this issue is resolved.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm having issues with the start cutting off, too. There's this little stutter at the start of each song's stream, and I can see my STR-DN1080 do this little bit where it tries its best to find the song's stream as it starts. I don't know if there's something I can do about it to avoid it, but I've never had this issue before with a surround sound disc.

Definitely worth knocking a point off for. I'd imagine someone could rip it with MakeMKV and tell what was done wrong.

Back