Zappa - Apostrophe (50th anniversary set out in Sept!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shocked importCD isn't listing this yet.
Hold.jpg

Another good option later may be shop.udiscovermusic.com.

There is (still) an active 30% discount code UMG30 I used last year a couple of weeks after the release date for the Overnite-Sensation box priced at the time for $66 which made it an unbeatable $46 deal at the time for that one. Shipping is free.

The 30% discount makes them the best deal at the moment for some just released things.

Another good option later may be shop.udiscovermusic.com.

There is (still) an active 30% discount code UMG30 I used last year a couple of weeks after the release date for the Overnite-Sensation box priced at the time for $66 which made it an unbeatable $46 deal at the time for that one. Shipping is free.

The 30% discount makes them the best deal at the moment for some just released things.
Does UMG typically reduce the price of these once they are in stock? You can already preorder from them this title....for $99.98 :censored:

Does UMG typically reduce the price of these once they are in stock? You can already preorder from them this title....for $99.98 :censored:
I don't have notes on what the pre-order price from UMG was for the Overnite box but I believe the Zappa store was $77 and Import was $80 and then dropped to $73 with a 10% coupon. UMG may or may not end up beating either this time.

importCD says the 50th is- "With DVD", hopefully they don't know their ass from a hole in their head; but just to check, there isn't a 50th DVD option is there?
Not that I'm aware of, and they've had typos in prior listings so it's 99% likely just another glitch in their matrix

Using the UPC from ImportCDs in a google search yields only other listings with "Bluray" 602465639902

https://www.google.com/search?q=602465639902

So, here is how it shakes out for a few of the vendors. (this is shipped to Illinois, shipping & taxes included)

ImportCD - $80.12
Bull Moose - $89.97
Deep Discount - $91.33
CC Music - $92.42
Amazon US - $106.23
Thanks for this. I just preordered from ImportCD to Canada, total with shipping about $US 80, using PayPal that equates to $CAD 115. A heck of a lot better than Amazon Canada's price of $CAD 153!! Either way, this is a ridiculous price to pay for any music, especially when all I want is the BluRay Atmos mix. Whether it's Zappa Trust or Universal Music to blame, it's a sad cash grab for all of these recent 50th anniversary releases. Having said that, Waka/Jawaka is a brilliant Atmos mix, so that encouraged me to buy the Apostrophe box given how much I've always liked the album. I have not sprung yet for Overnite, because of the cost, but it's come down now to $CAD 79 on Amazon.ca, so I might at some point. But I am betting that we will soon see the other mid-70s albums get the same expensive treatment. I would love to hear One Size Fits All in Atmos (can you imagine Inca Roads, Andy, ... wow.) But almost even more, I'd love to hear an Atmos remix of the 'Läther' trio of Studio Tan, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favorites. That's some of my fave Zappa material. Hearing tracks like Greggery Peccary, Regyptian Strut, Filthy Habits, and Duke Of Prunes in surround would be magical.

So, here is how it shakes out for a few of the vendors. (this is shipped to Illinois, shipping & taxes included)

ImportCD - $80.12
Bull Moose - $89.97
Deep Discount - $91.33
CC Music - $92.42
Amazon US - $106.23
I can't afford to order from any of those. Back to digging out my CD-4 record if I want to. And as I said elsewhere Zappa & Tull failed to impress in original CD -4 to me. Looking forward to what others think of the new one.

Back