4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re cracked cases:
I thought my shipment was intact but a closer look reveals 2 of the 6 discs have cracks. One front lid hinge, one back.
So one spare SJB (of which I have many) will cure all.
Not a big deal in my world.

Apparently, The Chicago Quadio Box is being considered for a re-release. I’m pretty sure it was stated by Steve at the Listening Party.

Well now I really hope you're right, because I just got a refund from Amazon *weeps*

I saw later the same day that I got that notification from Amazon that someone posted on FB that there was another seller that had them at a reasonable price, but of course those are all gone now :( I just can't bring myself to pay $5-600 for them much as I'm sure I'd enjoy them.

Well now I really hope you're right, because I just got a refund from Amazon *weeps*

I saw later the same day that I got that notification from Amazon that someone posted on FB that there was another seller that had them at a reasonable price, but of course those are all gone now :( I just can't bring myself to pay $5-600 for them much as I'm sure I'd enjoy them.
Fnac has them at a significantly lower price than that range, at about 240€ (~$250 USD), but maybe it would be better to wait for a repress. Fnac.com

Thanks for that. I will have to think on it, but that may be below my pain threshold. Time to dust off that high school French :)
They don’t have any stock and there’s a very long delay of 4 to 9 weeks to get them. Unfortunately it often only means that they will ask their distributor if they
still have them… (been through that before, for another product)

They don’t have any stock and there’s a very long delay of 4 to 9 weeks to get them. Unfortunately it often only means that they will ask their distributor if they
still have them… (been through that before, for another product)

Well, I'll take the chance. It was "only" $235 at today's rates shipped to me in Maryland (East Coast so it'll probably come into either NYC which is relatively close) it hurts but it's worth a shot.

Odd thing is they wouldn't take my Capital One card (tried that as it has no foreign transaction fee) had to use Paypal. Which is fine as my Paypal is linked to a different card with no foreign transaction fee... (this is a thing you have to watch out for as I found out when I ordered a vintage wristwatch from Canada...)

I have every one of the Rhino Quadio blu rays and every one includiing case has arrived in perfect condition. Same for the many many many many (and on and on) multichannel and quadraphonic SACDs from Dutton Vocalion. Just lucky I guess. Oh - same for SACDs from CDJapan. Just luckier I guess.
I've had no problem with Rhino even though the packaging is little more than tight-fitting cardboard. So I probably AM lucky in that regard.

I've had a couple of cracked cases from DV. But since they use standard-issue CD cases, that's a very easy fix.

I've only ever purchased the 7" SACDs from CDJapan. But there's no plastic cases with those and they wrap them up VERY nicely in bubble wrap and everything else.

My Four Quadios are still in transit from Ohio to MI as of Friday October 20th. I’m going to give it another two weeks before I reach out to Rhino.
Of all things the minute I posted the above message, USPS informed by text [Tue] my shipment arrived at the distribution center 1/2 hour earlier.

Received the package yesterday [Wed]. No damage to the disc cases. Now that I have Shipping Metrics for both current and prior Quadio bundles,
I think I can forecast how long packages will take to reach my home. Shipping transit time for Van Morrison may be different in December :).

I need to be more patient. Thanks to ForagingRhino and the Rhino team. Looking forward to this weekend's listening pleasure!

Of all things the minute I posted the above message, USPS informed by text [Tue] my shipment arrived at the distribution center 1/2 hour earlier.

Received the package yesterday [Wed]. No damage to the disc cases. Now that I have Shipping Metrics for both current and prior Quadio bundles,
I think I can forecast how long packages will take to reach my home. Shipping transit time for Van Morrison may be different in December :).

I need to be more patient. Thanks to ForagingRhino and the Rhino team. Looking forward to this weekend's listening pleasure!
It's all this rain you continue to get...slowing down everything! Including farmer's harvest. :(

I highly doubt it. Shrink wrap is unlikely to be strong enough to have an influence here.

I'm not sure about that. Time for some high-end testing by AR Labs. QQ members please send me all of your unwrapped Quadios and DV SACDs. :ROFLMAO:

Remember how overly tight shrink wrap could warp LPs?

I'm not sure about that. Time for some high-end testing by AR Labs. QQ members please send me all of your unwrapped Quadios and DV SACDs. :ROFLMAO:

Remember how overly tight shrink wrap could warp LPs?
Yeah, but only LPs with really thin covers. Not a chance shrink wrap would break a CD case unless it was already compromised.

Anyone in Canada received theirs yet? Where I live, everything I order seems to take the slow boat arriving to me. The last Quadio batch took exactly 1 month to get to me. I don’t expect it to be as bad this time so hopefully I will see them soon.

Anyone in Canada received theirs yet? Where I live, everything I order seems to take the slow boat arriving to me. The last Quadio batch took exactly 1 month to get to me. I don’t expect it to be as bad this time so hopefully I will see them soon.
I am waiting as well for an Ontario delivery. It shipped on Oct 19 and last information was it was handed to USPS in LA on the 23rd. Waiting patiently.

I am waiting as well for an Ontario delivery. It shipped on Oct 19 and last information was it was handed to USPS in LA on the 23rd. Waiting patiently.
Exactly the same tracking here. Comparing delivery times:
CDJapan - 2 days
DV - 5 days (including a weekend)
SDE - about a week
Rhino - 1 month

So.... If new mixes of old titles are being considered for future Quadio releases, how about Yes's 90125? About 19 minutes into this new interview with Trevor Rabin, Trevor states that 90125 and its associated recordings have all just been acquired by Rhino. Also, when asked about possibly doing a deluxe box set, Trevor seemed to like the idea. Any chance of this @ForagingRhino?

I listened to this interview as well and got excited hearing what Trevor Rabin said. When this album was first released I didn’t like it that much but in relistening again now like it much more and agree it would be a awesome album to hear in surround. Has there been any news on this possibly getting a 40th anniversary box with surround?

Back