2ch & MONO SACD'S You're Waiting On

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Direct was my main SACD source for gear and SACD'S. I haven't ordered from them the last few years due to their ARROGANCE!!

I will never buy gear ⚙️ from them and as few discs as possible.
Ironically, QLinda, a few years ago I dropped a small fortune with Music Direct and their sales department used to be extremely courteous and most helpful. And I did score some great deals from them and at times they even included free MoFi Stereo SACDs as a 'bonus!'

But that was then and then is NOW and haven't dealt with them recently. Sorry to hear their sales department has devolved into arrogance. NO NEED FOR THAT!

Josh, their customer (dis)service manager is their biggest problem. Truly a flaming ASSHOLE.
What still riles me is the upcoming release of S&G Stereo SACD of Bridge Over Troubled Water. Obviously, a pristine QUAD analogue tape is still sequestered in Sony's vaults or Sony Japan wouldn't have announced it, then canceled it, a scant few years ago. And as we all know, the SONY Japan QUAD SACD in 7" packaging would've been priced on par [perhaps a few dollars more] than MoFi's Stereo ONLY SACD.

Whether Paul Simon himself nixed the SONY Japan QUAD SACD or it was indeed 'quadblocked' by MoFi's 1 step Vinyl release and now Stereo SACD...we'll never know but I do hope at some juncture BOTW and even BOOKENDS will eventually get their due as bona fide QUAD SACDs in special 7" packaging!

Until then .... the Stereo SACD of BOTW is off my WISH LIST!

Troubled Waters ....INDEED!

MoFi put out a Gold CD of Bookends, which I bought and sounds great.
I have the SONY MASTERSOUND 24k Gold Edition

Simon And Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (1970) [1993, Sony ...

Wasn't Bridge Gold put out before Sony found the masters lost in their vaults?

Old Friends box was from the found masters, as were the later expanded CD's and the new album box.
All I can tell you is the liner notes are a bit deceiving saying it was remastered, whenever possible, from the finest analogue sources available and that the disc was mastered by Doug Sax and manufactured in Japan.

S&G's producer, Roy Halee was a customer at high end audio salon THE LISTENING ROOM in Scarsdale, NY and he told one of the proprietors that the S&G absolute master tapes were riddled with excessive splices due to Simon's obsessive overdubbings, et alia, during the recording process. I always found that tidbit of info quite amusing. Since I used to frequent that store all the time, wish I had the opportunity to actually meet Halee in person ....to pick his brain!

Last edited:
Back