4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those popping in, or just need a reminder, this is what we know so far:

Clues by Foraging Rhino:

Clue 1:
1 Jazz
1 R&B
1 Singer/Songwriter
1 Soft Rock

Clue 2:
1 Warner Bros
1 Reprise
2 Atlantic

Clue 3 (see image):View attachment 95728

And here is a list of quadrophonic LP releases, organized by record label: QuadraphonicQuad - WEA GROUP Records Checklist
Thanks much for putting this all together! I've been of the grid for three weeks ago I completely lost the bubble. I do like variety but I hope round 3 returns to hard rock territory!

The WHITE cover could also be THE DIVINE MISS M on Atlantic Records

R.40d98948f8ec5d5c7ce00f9a36a4523c
But I don't think she fits into any of the categories. Not jazz. Not soft rock. Certainly not a singer songwriter. Or R&B.

Clues by Foraging Rhino:

Clue 1:
1 Jazz
1 R&B
1 Singer/Songwriter
1 Soft Rock

Clue 2:
1 Warner Bros
1 Reprise
2 Atlantic

And here is a list of quadrophonic LP releases, organized by record label: QuadraphonicQuad - WEA GROUP Records Checklist
There are so few titles from Reprise that fit the color schemes shown, to the point where I'm rather sure it's Good Old Boys by Randy Newman (which would fulfill the singer-songwriter category).
Randy_Newman_-_Good_Old_Boys.jpg

That is, unless there's a secret quad mix of Little Criminals by him that none of us know about.

There are so few titles from Reprise that fit the color schemes shown, to the point where I'm rather sure it's Good Old Boys by Randy Newman (which would fulfill the singer-songwriter category).
View attachment 95730
That is, unless there's a secret quad mix of Little Criminals by him that none of us know about.
maybe black type on a silver background like ye olde DVD-A? 🤔👀

IMG_1066.jpeg

IMG_1065.jpeg

Clues by Foraging Rhino:

Clue 1:
1 Jazz
1 R&B
1 Singer/Songwriter
1 Soft Rock

Clue 2:
1 Warner Bros
1 Reprise
2 Atlantic

Of all of these, the red is throwing me for a loop. This is my guess for that:
Hearts_cover_image.jpg

So, my guesses are...
  • Good Old Boys by Randy Newman (black and white spine; Reprise; singer-songwriter)
  • The Spinners by The Spinners (blue and white spine; Atlantic; R&B)
  • Mingus Moves by Charles Mingus (purple and white spine; Atlantic; jazz)
  • Hearts by America (red and white spine; Warner Bros, soft rock)

Last edited:
You're right...she is in a League of her Own! File under Impresario!

Could be The Average White Band but that too doesn't fit into any of the aforementioned categories!
Wikipedia disagrees! 😊

The Average White Band (also known as AWB) are a Scottish funk and R&B band that had a series of soul and disco hits between 1974 and 1980.

Thanks much for putting this all together! I've been of the grid for three weeks ago I completely lost the bubble. I do like variety but I hope round 3 returns to hard rock territory!
I would have wanted at least one rock title. But I also did want them to release a bunch of soft pop/rock of the lighter weight variety, so that they could (or can) see that sales do not warrant too many of those and they need to get back to rock titles if they want that "internet on fire" kind of buzz. My hunch is James Taylor, S&C, and a few others are not going to move the units like the best of the previous chosen Quadio titles. We will pick them up because they are quad and we collect quad, but they are not going to inspire folks to go out and purchase equipment or demand more titles from them (the artists).

Last edited:
I would have wanted at least one rock title. But I also did want them to release a bunch of soft pop/rock of the lighter weight variety, so that they could see that sales do not warrant too many of those and they need to get back to rock titles if they want that "internet on fire" kind of buzz. My hunch is James Taylor, S&C, and a few others are not going to move the units like the best of the previous chosen Quadio titles. We will pick them up because they are quad and we collect quad, but they are not going to inspire folks to go out and purchase equipment or demand more titles from them (the artists).
Well we got 4 rock titles last time. I guess they could have split them up, but 2 months from now it isn’t going to matter because I’ll have them all! 😊

Well, it's basically the first of the month now (in many parts of the world), we only have three weeks 'til we'll really know for sure.

The good news is that all of the suggested titles that these could be are good albums:

America, S&C, Hathaway
Spinners, AWB, R. Flack
MJQ, Mingus, Gil Evans, or Ellington
Randy Newman, or James Taylor

No matter what is chosen, nobody is going to sigh in disappointment (other than getting over the slight of no Asylum, no Purple, no ZZ)

Well we got 4 rock titles last time. I guess they could have split them up, but 2 months from now it isn’t going to matter because I’ll have them all! 😊
They will work out the kinks of getting us more rock, at least one rock in the next batch. I'm still over the moon with getting Paranoid and B$B in that last set.

Back