4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping at least one of these upcoming titles appeals to me. Really like to see J. Geils Bloodshot at some point, but realize the last round included Nightmares, which isn't too shabby. So many possibilities here, but a few more I'd like to see in later rounds: Billy Cobham, AWB, Black Oak Arkansas, Allman Bros., Captain Beyond, and Sabbath's Sabotage (love to have Vol. 4 and Master of Reality, but don't see them listed).
I know, you also want to ROCK.

The next round will have a scorching rocker included I suspect.

I’m hoping that ZZ Top quad master reel has appeared in pristine condition - and the 24/192 digital transfer has been performed, and things are moving forward on that front, and they are going to strike while the iron is hot.

If “Paranoid” blasting at 2:45AM did not get me evicted then I’m pretty sure my neighbors can handle just about anything - and they might even be able to tell that quad mixes do indeed sound good!

Last edited:
I know, you also want to ROCK.

The next round will have a scorching rocker included I suspect.

I’m hoping that ZZ Top quad master reel has appeared in pristine condition - and the 24/192 digital transfer has been performed, and things are moving forward on that front, and they are going to strike while the iron is hot.

If “Paranoid” blasting at 2:45AM did not get me evicted then I’m pretty sure my neighbors can handle just about anything - and they might even be able to tell that quad mixes do indeed sound good!
Hahahahaha, crack me up man!

Top one is "America "
The Blue one..."Spinners"
The red one..could be either of the "Randy Newmans'"...or Maria Muldaur ..*
Purple one I hope is "Mingus"

I thought Bette also for the red one...but only if FG thinks she's a singer/songwriter and not Jazz.
Maria Muldaur isn’t a singer/songwriter either. 🤷‍♂️

Oh I thought she wrote most of those on that CD4. Silly me.
I’m not sure if she EVER wrote a song herself. But her style fits the genre. So if FR mislabeled her as a “singer/songwriter” it would be a forgivable error. I certainly wouldn’t be upset with the choice even if it wouldn’t personally be among my own for this next batch. But I’m one who wants to see every WEA quad released on disc eventually. 😊

Speaking of Maria (non-songwriting singers) and WEA—I’ve never heard anyone ever speak of any Linda Ronstadt quads. So I guess there weren’t any? Surprising if not as she was certainly one of their best selling artists during the quad era.

I’m not sure if she EVER wrote a song herself. But her style fits the genre. So if FR mislabeled her as a “singer/songwriter” it would be a forgivable error. I certainly wouldn’t be upset with the choice even if it wouldn’t personally be among my own for this next batch. But I’m one who wants to see every WEA quad released on disc eventually. 😊

Yep, she didn't write any of those tunes . Not a one.

But I notice she has quite the guest list of artists..., I'm in if only to hear Lowell George .

Speaking of Maria (non-songwriting singers) and WEA—I’ve never heard anyone ever speak of any Linda Ronstadt quads. So I guess there weren’t any? Surprising if not as she was certainly one of their best selling artists during the quad era.

THAT'S something F G can find out , on his mad search for any or all quad masters , released or shelved .

I have always been SHOCKED that Linda Ronstadt didn't have any quads released. She was SO popular right in the quad era and was on Asylum which issued a bunch of quads. But it never happened. Not one. 😢 I highly doubt they'll find any 4 channel tapes. Don't Cry Now, Prisoner in Disguise, ot even Hasten Down the wind were all in "the era" - 1973, 1975, 1976

Top one is "America "
The Blue one..."Spinners"
The red one..could be either of the "Randy Newmans'"...or Maria Muldaur ..*
Purple one I hope is "Mingus"

I thought Bette also for the red one...but only if FG thinks she's a singer/songwriter and not Jazz.
I hope FG accidently considered her a singer/songwriter that's what rounds out this batch of amazing titles.
But I could just as easily be S&C rather than America you know.

Last edited:
I have always been SHOCKED that Linda Ronstadt didn't have any quads released. She was SO popular right in the quad era and was on Asylum which issued a bunch of quads. But it never happened. Not one. 😢 I highly doubt they'll find any 4 channel tapes. Don't Cry Now, Prisoner in Disguise, ot even Hasten Down the wind were all in "the era" - 1973, 1975, 1976
"Prisoner" is the head-scratcher here, for sure. ("Don't Cry Now" wasn't a big seller. "Hasten" arguably a bit late in the quad game.) Excellent album and huge seller coming off her huge hit/breakthrough "Heart Like A Wheel". (Often it was the 'next' album after the huge hit that got the quad treatment.)

A 5-star album I'd love to hear in surround. "Heart" as well, for that matter.

"Prisoner" is the head-scratcher here, for sure. ("Don't Cry Now" wasn't a big seller. "Hasten" arguably a bit late in the quad game.) Excellent album and huge seller coming off her huge hit/breakthrough "Heart Like A Wheel". (Often it was the 'next' album after the huge hit that got the quad treatment.)

A 5-star album I'd love to hear in surround. "Heart" as well, for that matter.
Heart Like A Wheel was on the Capitol Records label [now UMG]

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=12025

Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel - Amazon.com Music

Last edited:
Back