4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea they really set a high bar with the first four.
I'm hoping at least one in the next group is another killer.

They will work out the kinks of getting us more rock, at least one rock in the next batch. I'm still over the moon with getting Paranoid and B$B in that last set.
No one should be complaining, IMO. How many years ago were the first two titles? Then how many years for the Chicago set? Then The Doobies?

And now suddenly 8 titles from 8 separate artists in just a few months? Who would have predicted THAT?

The sleuthing here at QQ has really become first rate. I am sure Steve is beaming at the guesses.

Whatever the 4 may be, please don't be disappointed if you are not into a specific title or two. You can decide not to get it, or you could get it and listen to it and decide if maybe it's something you may not have cared about 50 years ago, but today it might resonate with you.

Every Quadio will not be a dream release for everyone, but there will be members and buyers who will be thrilled with any one of these 4 or more. They can't all be "Paranoid"

The sleuthing here at QQ has really become first rate. I am sure Steve is beaming at the guesses.

Whatever the 4 may be, please don't be disappointed if you are not into a specific title or two. You can decide not to get it, or you could get it and listen to it and decide if maybe it's something you may not have cared about 50 years ago, but today it might resonate with you.

Every Quadio will not be a dream release for everyone, but there will be members and buyers who will be thrilled with any one of these 4 or more. They can't all be "Paranoid"
Yeah, agree, and maybe it's something you may have cared about 50 years ago, but today it just might no longer resonate with you!

Watching the Gordon Lightfoot doc on Amazon Prime this evening. Makes me wish a Lightfoot album was in this batch, but I don’t think his two quads match the colors on the teaser image. I’m trying to make that white one work, but as much as I squint, the black font on the spine doesn’t quite match the burgundy(?) font color on the album cover.

Of all of these, the red is throwing me for a loop. This is my guess for that:View attachment 95742

So, my guesses are...
  • Good Old Boys by Randy Newman (black and white spine; Reprise; soft rock)
  • The Spinners by The Spinners (blue and white spine; Atlantic; R&B)
  • Mingus Moves by Charles Mingus (purple and white spine; Atlantic; jazz)
  • Hearts by America (red and white spine; Warner Bros, soft rock)
from the spine colours, "Spinners" & "Mingus Moves" look likely candidates 👍 it's been many years since AF's "Hearts" Surround SACD featuring the Quad but i can't see Rhino redoing "Hearts" on Quadio BD at this point when there's plenty of previously untapped titles.. 🤔

maybe a red herring 😋👀🤣 but fwiw the rear jacket and inner sleeve of America's other Quad are predominantly red albeit a different shade from Rhino's spine.. 🤔

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

I'm thinking the bottom purple could be Machine Head by Deep Purple.
Machine Head and any DP quad albums have been put on hold for the moment. Likely later.

But the graphics have always struck me as being very blueish.

I'm hoping at least one of these upcoming titles appeals to me. Really like to see J. Geils Bloodshot at some point, but realize the last round included Nightmares, which isn't too shabby. So many possibilities here, but a few more I'd like to see in later rounds: Billy Cobham, AWB, Black Oak Arkansas, Allman Bros., Captain Beyond, and Sabbath's Sabotage (love to have Vol. 4 and Master of Reality, but don't see them listed).

I'm hoping at least one of these upcoming titles appeals to me. Really like to see J. Geils Bloodshot at some point, but realize the last round included Nightmares, which isn't too shabby. So many possibilities here, but a few more I'd like to see in later rounds: Billy Cobham, AWB, Black Oak Arkansas, Allman Bros., Captain Beyond, and Sabbath's Sabotage (love to have Vol. 4 and Master of Reality, but don't see them listed).
I believe the Capricorn albums are with Universal.

Back