4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the avoidance of doubt, no Queen albums were ever mixed or issued in quad. The only possible known quad is some Alan Freeman show Matrix H broadcasts of News Of The World BBC studio tracks, and no copy of that has ever surfaced. Even if it were available it's only 4 tracks at most, probably less. But if it is available from a discrete master I'll swim through shark infested freezing waters to get a copy.

Maybe one day , the lucky owner of those 4 tracks will put them on utube .

Well....we did get someone to post the MATRIX H tracks from Alan Freeman's Saturday Quad Show..of ...PHIL MANZANERA/801 BAND , and they sound just fabulosis!!

So.... If new mixes of old titles are being considered for future Quadio releases, how about Yes's 90125? About 19 minutes into this new interview with Trevor Rabin, Trevor states that 90125 and its associated recordings have all just been acquired by Rhino. Also, when asked about possibly doing a deluxe box set, Trevor seemed to like the idea. Any chance of this @ForagingRhino?

Attachments

• Image 1.jpeg
    Image 1.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
So.... If new mixes of old titles are being considered for future Quadio releases, how about Yes's 90125? About 19 minutes into this new interview with Trevor Rabin, Trevor states that 90125 and its associated recordings have all just been acquired by Rhino. Also, when asked about possibly doing a deluxe box set, Trevor seemed to like the idea. Any chance of this @ForagingRhino?

and..................."Owner of a Lonely Heart" is one of the 5.1 tracks on the Mercedes Benz 5.1 Demo DVD that came out, from Rhino no less, around 2012.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/mercedes-benz-signature-sound-dvd.16511/

I want em ALL and I want em NOW! ;)
I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I can't believe the multich world we're living in today
compared to just a few short years ago. How KOOL is this !
For me the vintage quad mixes are a top priority. It’s too easy for the labels feel that the old mixes were shelved for a reason and artists to feel a newer mix is preferred over something old. The 4.0 mixes can be forgotten or the tapes can get lost or become unstable.

Plus I generally like analog mixes and I like quad with its noted phantom center channel as well.

So for me 5.1 done well is the modern gold standard - but 70s quad has a period authenticity about it that I find special.

Older quad mixes seem to be easier for a label to reissue at least from a cost perspective rather than the expense of having to transfer multitracks to digital and hire a good mixer and mastering wiz.

Anyway yes the timing is right for this with the home playback systems having surround capabilities as standard feature.

It’s good times for surround alright.

Now that would be fantastic! I've been dreaming of a 5.1/spatial audio mix of 90125 for some time (I was actually hoping that they would put out a SDE of the album for its 40th anniversary, i.e. this year).

So, after the lead up and (finally) unveiling of the four new Quadio releases (and admit it folks, the "teases" were kinda fun!), I have been waiting so ever patiently for any release/pre-order/order date from Rhino but what do we get...crickets! Well, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Woops, I'm not in the 4K blu-ray forum so disregard (get it, that's a "movie" quote!). So, let's try some groveling instead shall we, "pretty please Rhino, I have already had a tough beginning of the week (it's only Monday afterall!) and a Quadio update would sure bring a smile to my face and dreams of four channels swirling in my ears...PLEASE!

So, after the lead up and (finally) unveiling of the four new Quadio releases (and admit it folks, the "teases" were kinda fun!), I have been waiting so ever patiently for any release/pre-order/order date from Rhino but what do we get...crickets! Well, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Woops, I'm not in the 4K blu-ray forum so disregard (get it, that's a "movie" quote!). So, let's try some groveling instead shall we, "pretty please Rhino, I have already had a tough beginning of the week (it's only Monday afterall!) and a Quadio update would sure bring a smile to my face and dreams of four channels swirling in my ears...PLEASE!
Oh you mean like when?
Well, it's happening in only three more days. Quadio orders are going to be placed by many on 10/13. They may even open the doors early in the evening before that on Oct. 12th. It's now Oct. 10th in most parts of the USA.

Well, I can honestly say "you just made my night!" as it is still Monday, October 9th @ 11:51pm Cali time but I suppose I can wait just a wee bit longer...just!
Why have you hidden your location may I ask? It is not there in your screen profile.

For the avoidance of doubt, no Queen albums were ever mixed or issued in quad. The only possible known quad is some Alan Freeman show Matrix H broadcasts of News Of The World BBC studio tracks, and no copy of that has ever surfaced. Even if it were available it's only 4 tracks at most, probably less. But if it is available from a discrete master I'll swim through shark infested freezing waters to get a copy.
I'd be diving in right behind you! I've been a massive Queen fan for almost 50 years and I've never heard of the AF Matrix H broadcasts so thank you for that information, despite the 'Holy Grail' aspect of it. NOTW is one of my top 2 Queen albums. Any Queen Quadio would be incredible but aside from NOTW, the only other Queen Quad mix I'm aware of is the live Golders Green BBC broadcast.

I also watched that interview. Do I detect some sarcasm in TR's voice (i.e. "oh yeah, I've never thought about that") or is it just my wishful thinking? I really can't believe that TR hasn't already considered it at the very least but in the interview, it's as though it's the first time that he's thought about it. Perhaps I'm reading into it too much.

Anyway, 90125 is right at the very top of my surround dream wish list, Quad, 5.1 and/or Atmos!!!

Back