4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be diving in right behind you! I've been a massive Queen fan for almost 50 years and I've never heard of the AF Matrix H broadcasts so thank you for that information, despite the 'Holy Grail' aspect of it. NOTW is one of my top 2 Queen albums. Any Queen Quadio would be incredible but aside from NOTW, the only other Queen Quad mix I'm aware of is the live Golders Green BBC broadcast.
Golders Green is often stated as being in SQ, but there is no hard evidence. The transcription service LP does not say SQ on the label and the BBC were very good at correctly labelling them. OD has looked at several sources of this concert and he sees no sign of SQ encoding in any of them. The rumour appears to have got started because it is on the other side of same transcription disc as something else that is in SQ, but not on that disc.

Golders Green is often stated as being in SQ, but there is no hard evidence. The transcription service LP does not say SQ on the label and the BBC were very good at correctly labelling them. OD has looked at several sources of this concert and he sees no sign of SQ encoding in any of them. The rumour appears to have got started because it is on the other side of same transcription disc as something else that is in SQ, but not on that disc.

Thanks, that's interesting. I guess that I've always bought into the SQ story because of Freddie's distant vocals on those early bootlegs. Apologies for the digression all.

Just "coming up for air" after an afternoon and evening of surround, immersive, some 2-channel (I just received some new MQA;s) and finally Quadio listening. Personally, I can't freakin' wait until the new bactch of Quadio's hit the Rhino website! Just a quick reminder to those who are not all that enthused about this newest batch of releases, I say "give em' a whirl" as you just might be surprised!

Personally, the title I was initially most excited for was Gord's "Sundown" as I love that album and loved the old MOFI vinyl pressing but never got the opportunity to hear the original Quad release. Tonight, I ended my listening session with "The Best of" Aretha Franklin Quadio that I just purchased after seeing the video of the Quadio dudes at the Quadio reveal party in Los Angeles. I know her music, own the MOFI SACD (the Atlantic greatest hits one) but my God, I have never heard her like I heard her on this Quadio! Seriously, I went from listening to music in my living room, to watching (in my mind, I'm stone-cold sober folks!) her and her band through the control room glass in the Atlantic recording studio to finally being "taken to church" in some little town that I never heard of/been to in the deep south (Bridge Over Troubled Water, really?!).

Because of this, I am now most looking forward to the Spinners and Mingus releases. Damn, and can you believe that most (if not all) of the Quad mixes have been languishing in the vault for 50+years? This is a once in-a-life time chance as darn near every "heritage" release has been issued and reissued multiple times in every format imaginable, have had their master tapes subjected to being degraded but NOT in the case of our dearly loved Quad mixes!

So, my Quadio compadres, if all goes to plan this Friday, I will be raising a fine glass of red vino and toasting our good luck and fortune in finally getting to purchase the new batch of Quadio's...Cheers!

Just "coming up for air" after an afternoon and evening of surround, immersive, some 2-channel (I just received some new MQA;s) and finally Quadio listening. Personally, I can't freakin' wait until the new bactch of Quadio's hit the Rhino website! Just a quick reminder to those who are not all that enthused about this newest batch of releases, I say "give em' a whirl" as you just might be surprised!

Personally, the title I was initially most excited for was Gord's "Sundown" as I love that album and loved the old MOFI vinyl pressing but never got the opportunity to hear the original Quad release. Tonight, I ended my listening session with "The Best of" Aretha Franklin Quadio that I just purchased after seeing the video of the Quadio dudes at the Quadio reveal party in Los Angeles. I know her music, own the MOFI SACD (the Atlantic greatest hits one) but my God, I have never heard her like I heard her on this Quadio! Seriously, I went from listening to music in my living room, to watching (in my mind, I'm stone-cold sober folks!) her and her band through the control room glass in the Atlantic recording studio to finally being "taken to church" in some little town that I never heard of/been to in the deep south (Bridge Over Troubled Water, really?!).

Because of this, I am now most looking forward to the Spinners and Mingus releases. Damn, and can you believe that most (if not all) of the Quad mixes have been languishing in the vault for 50+years? This is a once in-a-life time chance as darn near every "heritage" release has been issued and reissued multiple times in every format imaginable, have had their master tapes subjected to being degraded but NOT in the case of our dearly loved Quad mixes!

So, my Quadio compadres, if all goes to plan this Friday, I will be raising a fine glass of red vino and toasting our good luck and fortune in finally getting to purchase the new batch of Quadio's...Cheers!
I hope you got a good interest rate on the loan for that The Best of Aretha Franklin Quadio, that's all I've got to say!:oops: ;)

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't cheap but it also wasn't near as bad as I was fearing especially since my other wants (Jethro Tull's "Songs From the Woods") is just obscene so I opted for it's "cousin" Heavy Horses which I am listening to right now and quite enjoying! Not quite the fine wine experience that Aretha was last night but a mighty fine 5.1 mix from Steven Wilson none the less!

Thursday Midnight Eastern.
9:00 P.M. Pacific.
Store should be accepting orders....
Oh crap. I'm waiting here at the computer thinking there is only 10 minutes to go. All I saw when I looked at FR's post was 9 PM. Now I realize they won't be accepting orders until midnight Eastern time....My life is ruined. 😁

Oh crap. I'm waiting here at the computer thinking there is only 10 minutes to go. All I saw when I looked at FR's post was 9 PM. Now I realize they won't be accepting orders until midnight Eastern time....My life is ruined. 😁
Ha! Ha!..only a NY Jets fan could be this impatient. Hey, Relax Holmes.....

Last edited:
So while we are waiting impatiently for the clock to strike midnight, here is a tidbit on Sundown per Wikipedia. The track sequence on the cassette is:

Side 1:
1. Sundown
2. Somewhere U.S.A.
3. Seven Island Suite
4. Circle Of Steel
5. Is There Anyone Home

Side 2:
1. High And Dry
2. The Watchman's Gone
3. Carefree Highway
4. The List
5. Too Late For Prayin

I think I might like the cassette track sequence better as it has one of the two hit singles on each side. Interesting.

Back