4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dLLPsNf.jpg

Rhino Quadio in the House!!!

:):):)

Regards,

As always, I just LOVE that space you have.

No. Was late to the party for that disc. Thinking to buy one used copy soon

Regards,
I thought the same thing, stunning photo, great bar, fun time for all, and then the missing Queen of Soul on Atlantic QuadraDisc DVD, and that missing disc stands out like a soar thumb there.

How does the quality of the plastic in the case compare to the last ones? How about to the Dutton ones
Very clear, crystal clear plastic cases. Super Jewel cases is what these Quadio discs come in. I like to hold them like a kid with his new toy.

I wonder who will be the first to post some HiRez Spotlight poll ratings & reviews on the new ones?

I also had a cracked corner this time. Thankfully, I have a few spare SJBs to remedy such issues, but there's no reason for them to happen in the first place. @ForagingRhino/@Steel Woole: I'm afraid Gnarlywood's packaging is inadequate to protect jewel cases from damage. Even if it means higher shipping costs, it bears looking into more robust mailers and/or additional packing materials (bubble wrap, etc.) to protect customers' investments.

I also had a cracked corner this time. Thankfully, I have a few spare SJBs to remedy such issues, but there's no reason for them to happen in the first place. @ForagingRhino/@Steel Woole: I'm afraid Gnarlywood's packaging is inadequate to protect jewel cases from damage. Even if it means higher shipping costs, it bears looking into more robust mailers and/or additional packing materials (bubble wrap, etc.) to protect customers' investments.
Agreed. Not to make a big stink about it, but...after the debacle on the last round, Gnarlywood had at least two strikes against them already. Sounds like they haven't exactly redeemed themselves.

My discs arrived Tuesday, in perfect shape. But, if cracked cases are an issue, this is what I’ve experienced with the 100s of different discs I’ve ordered in the past.

The cardboard mailer should be the real thick hard kind, And with a 1/2” to one inch outer cardboard lip (on top and bottom) minimum. This is what an eBay seller made for a brilliant mailer for a CD I bought, by cutting hard stiff cardboard, to create a double layer of cardboard with lip, and folded it around the CD, with clear tape tight on the outside. I think these hard cardboard type mailer’s also come premade.

Or Rhino could use the current cardboard mailer (with discs inside), and put this in a bubble wrap mailer. You either mail CDs or SACD wrapped in bubble wrap, and then put in hand stiff cardboard mailer, or put the cardboard mailer in a bubble wrap mailer. Whichever of the two options you use, bubble wrap in some form is needed. And some tape wrapped around tightly also helps.

But so far, all my discs have arrived perfect. If I do get a cracked one, I’m not going to worry about it, as long as the disc and art are alright.

Got my discs last night. Way quicker than the last batch so they've got their logistics down. Still in an unpadded cardboard box but again no damage, those cases must be strong. Haven't listened to any yet; watched the Pens game instead which was a mistake. I may take a BD drive to work today and some headphones.

Back