4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine on Friday morning (UK time) but I find that the order status on Rhino's site is a little confusing. I'm still at status "ordered" and have not received a tracking number but below that it reads "Shipped to: my name", i.e. past tense. I assume that's just a terminology thing and that it means it will be shipped to me (?). I can't recall from the last batch but I assume that the order status will change to "shipped" and I'll receive a tracking number. No big deal, it's just a bit misleading.
Mine is exactly just like yours. I admit, it is a bit confusing. Just because I had the time yesterday morning, I emailed Rhino support asking about my order. Around 7pm last night, I got an email saying it had shipped and here is your tracking. (an auto-generated email)

Then an hour after that, I received an email from Rhino support (a real person) saying they were backlogged, and had no idea when my order would ship. lmao

Seems support is disconnected from the team that actually boxes things up and slaps on a shipping label.

Mine is exactly just like yours. I admit, it is a bit confusing. Just because I had the time yesterday morning, I emailed Rhino support asking about my order. Around 7pm last night, I got an email saying it had shipped and here is your tracking. (an auto-generated email)

Then an hour after that, I received an email from Rhino support (a real person) saying they were backlogged, and had no idea when my order would ship. lmao

Seems support is disconnected from the team that actually boxes things up and slaps on a shipping label.
Yeah. huh. I guess "UPS Mail Innovations" transports to regional USPS hubs and hands off to the postal service, since USPS says it has not been handed off to them yet. But I don't care who brings it, just sort of confusing sometimes.

Glass half full. The backlog and delays in shipping have a bit of a silver lining. That means LOTS of orders were placed and that likely means the Quadio program will continue! We need more patience, although I feel like I'm 8 years old waiting for Christmas morning to open those packages!
I think most of us are just excited to get new Quadio the way we are with all music deliveries. But we can't help talking about it. lol.
I've never had any problems with any of Rhino's Quadio deliveries, and they all have arrived so far in pristine shape I believe. Do some things get shipped with damaged cases? I don't know. I'd like to believe not. I do know I get some pretty mangled things in my mailbox at times, stuffed in unbelievably tight.

only 1 broken case

rhinoquad2.jpg

With various reports of broken cases (this batch and prior), I’m not sure whether to give you a sad emoji for the broken case or thumbs-up for that fact that three of them weren’t broken. Maybe just a general “congrats” that you have yours. Mine is still in the “USPS is Currently Awaiting Package” phase.

ya know I hate to complain as I am very very grateful for Rhino and their offerings but Cmon Man putting 4 cds into a flimsy cardboard box that has no padding and then sticking cardboard box into a plastic shipping bag --THAT HAS NO PADDING or BUBBLEWRAP is a recipe for broken product. Its 2023 and it really does not need to be this way Rhino

Last edited:
For those of you who received a tracking email from Rhino, yet usps says it's waiting on package. Go to UPS.com, enter it there. You will likely see some info.

I literally just remembered I had to do this last time.

View attachment 97326
Ugh! You’re right and that’s been brought up before... and I forgot.

In this case there’s not huge movement, but at least it’s accurate from UPS. Departed Fontana this morning (like yours) and scheduled to arrive on Monday.

On mine there’s also an Alternate Tracking Number that can be used but it gives the same info at UPS.

Thanks!

Reactions: GOS
Rhino is working diligently to hire more case-breakers for their next Quadio set.
I do kind of wonder at what stage this happens. Does it happen when these are put together at a plant? Is it Gnarlywood during packaging? Is it UPS or USPS tossing them around?

With the first batch, I actually cracked a case. I take surround music out and put it in sleeves along with the booklet and back tray paper. While I love these cases, they can be a bit challenging to disassemble. And sure enough, I cracked one. Which made me laugh knowing others had cracked cases when they arrived and then mine come safely only for me to be the one to blow it.

Anyone actually listen to these yet or are we just going to go on and on about cracked cd cases like it’s 1989 again?
Actually, yes, we will all go on and on about cracked cases.....and secondly....several have listened. Though, I can't necessarily tell you who. Fred Blue for one, 4 ears for another.

EDIT - oh hell, just forget it. That's Dutton Vocalion. Not Rhino. lololol

Back