4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Gutters” meaning interior of the Jewel Box? 🤔
I think he means the vertical strip on the lefthand side of the tray, adjacent to the box's "spine." (On a standard jewel-case with a black tray, the gutter is covered/hidden. But with a transparent tray, the gutter is visible. Although I suppose he could mean the verso of the spines--the inside-facing portion of the "wings" of the traycard.)

I think he means the vertical strip on the lefthand side of the tray, adjacent to the box's "spine." (On a standard jewel-case with a black tray, the gutter is covered/hidden. But with a transparent tray, the gutter is visible. Although I suppose he could mean the verso of the spines--the inside-facing portion of the "wings" of the traycard.)
Yep, here's an example from the Peter Gabriel Up SACD:

PG_Gutter.png

Why doesn’t Rhino tell us what quads are available and ask which ones we would prefer? Asking for some friends.
I like the question but as Bill B said, that's just not the way it happens.....
Sounds like some sort of focus group.
Look at the few similar sort of 'polls' we've conducted here.
Not massive participation & what there is, is pretty much just subjective.
I'm sure Rhino did do study beforehand to determine what releases to consider....

Last edited:
The most logical way to proceed would be to release the albums based on total sales since their release. Their goal is to sell as many units as possible and the more popular the album the higher the sales potential. Of course there are lots of reasons why they may not be able to release them in that order (as an example, the aforementioned Eagles albums or ZZ Topp albums).

The most logical way to proceed would be to release the albums based on total sales since their release. Their goal is to sell as many units as possible and the more popular the album the higher the sales potential. Of course there are lots of reasons why they may not be able to release them in that order (as an example, the aforementioned Eagles albums or ZZ Top albums).
Oh, you'll get the ZZ Top quad mixes... but with modern effects!!! 😈

4 days. Anticipation heightens.
Maybe my AVR will back from warranty repairs not long after they ship.
Maybe not. Arrrrgggh.
Time to box up this heavy sucker and get it shipped.
3 days!

On the AVR problems, I think what is happening is HDMI handshake issues.
Suddenly the Onkyo did not like either my 4 port HDMI switcher nor my bidirectional switch.
The former to switch between my 2 pc's, the latter to select either my monitor or a TV.
So I ordered a full set of new Monoprice HDMI cables and both the devices. But for now bypassing the devices and using both Main and Sub out on the Onkyo works for monitor/TV selection.

So, I bought a Blu-Ray player with RCA outputs....
We would expect nothing less! :)
You do know there are HDMI > Analog devices.
The Monoprice Blackbird Analog extractor worked quite well for me and is/was modestly priced. It's limited to 5.1/6 channels though IIRC.
Just saying, @Q-Eight .

Last edited:
Back