4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as asking folks what they want, I didn’t see where anybody mentioned a primary ingredient. If the quad mixes in question are lost, those requests would go unfulfilled. I believe it can only work in the other direction. “Here are some quad titles we can provide.”

We would expect nothing less! :)
You do know there are HDMI > Analog devices.
The Monoprice Blackbird Analog extractor worked quite well for me and is/was modestly priced. It's limited to 5.1/6 channels though IIRC.
Just saying, @Q-Eight .

I'm a minimum wage earner. So, I bought something used, that I should be able to directly plug into my legacy equipment. I ain't no Rockefeller.

Nope, never heard of them.
Eric/Hit Parade release some of the best oldies compilation CD's in the business! And, yes, Bill Buster does care enough about the quality of his product that he'll call customers to thank them for their purchases, and find out how they liked them. Although they don't do anything in quad, they work their magic with DES stereo. Check out their website, ericrecords.com to see what's available, and hear samples of said magic. (When's the next batch from the "Stereo Explosion" series coming, Bill?)

I'm a minimum wage earner. So, I bought something used, that I should be able to directly plug into my legacy equipment. I ain't no Rockefeller.
I'm retired on a fixed income so I'm right there with you.
You will likely get more use from the disc player, I'm guessing, I was just offering an alternative to convert HDMI to 5.1 Analog if such a need existed.
Seems like everyone and his brother at one time were looking for such a device.
When I bought the Monoprice device, prices were around $60-70. But prices have come down since then.

As far as asking folks what they want, I didn’t see where anybody mentioned a primary ingredient. If the quad mixes in question are lost, those requests would go unfulfilled. I believe it can only work in the other direction. “Here are some quad titles we can provide.”
True, but from what we have seen released from the Warner catalog, albums on WB, Atlantic, Elektra, and Asylum, the tapes seem to be there, and they are in good enough shape, and sound lovely from what we have already heard on modern silver discs, seems the tape library is in good order, and what should be there has thus far proven to be there.

Warner Brothers: Alice Cooper x2, Doobies x4
Atlantic: Billy Cobham, J Geils Band, Aretha Franklin
Elektra: Doors, Bread
Asylum: Judy Collins

I'm convinced that the tapes are about all there.

4 Discs 800 13 Blur 2 Days.jpg

I'm told the gate opens at 6:00 A.M. Friday.
Asked why not midnight, told no one would be available to fix the odd issues that can pop up.
I'd check after midnight on Thursday just for fun.

Really curious to see how they sell.
I'll be ready with some whiskey--sorry, (single-malt) whisky--for breakfast. (Inspired by your new avatar.)

Either you meant Elektra or Joni Mitchell.

It’s fine to be optimistic, however you’re basing that on a baker’s dozen titles. Time will tell.
I counted 12 which is a standard dozen. A bakers dozen is 13

Back