5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect it will get sorted shortly now that there seems to be an actual release date.
I am tempted though to up my order since it will let me and nothing is charged until it is released.

I expect it will get sorted shortly now that there seems to be an actual release date.
I am tempted though to up my order since it will let me and nothing is charged until it is released.
Thank you yes please keep us posted

Yeah the link is dead. Sorry I can not share one.
I had it saved in my music list since it was first planned. Today it had a price and release date so I figured no harm in trying.
I clicked buy it now from my list, hit the cart, paid and got my order number.
I’m in the same boat and also bought it straight from my wish list.

That means you confirm that's a genuine copy? Thanks
No. Acquired elsewhere a while back. Bluray won't make it until mid July it seems. Given Experience Hendrix's behaviour in the past, I thought it was worthwhile grabbing the bluray as I'm not overly confident that they will release the set and I don't have a pre-order

No. Acquired elsewhere a while back. Bluray won't make it until mid July it seems. Given Experience Hendrix's behaviour in the past, I thought it was worthwhile grabbing the bluray as I'm not overly confident that they will release the set and I don't have a pre-order
My precise same thought

Arrived in today's mail.
It is genuine.
Sound quality is excellent.
Buy with confidence.

Audio is 5.1 DTS-HD 96kHz Master only. No stereo option.
Film soundtrack is 2.0 24/48 LPCM.

There is a 360-degree pan on Track 1 @ 2:20.
Clean lead guitar on the pre-outro, before the "right on" vocal.
:51QQ

1719257256812.jpeg

1719257311207.jpeg

1719257351232.jpeg

1719257558721.jpeg

1719257598427.jpeg

1719257657113.jpeg

Arrived in today's mail.
It is genuine.
Sound quality is excellent.
Buy with confidence.

Audio is 5.1 DTS-HD 96kHz Master only. No stereo option.
Film soundtrack is 2.0 24/48 LPCM.

There is a 360-degree pan on Track 1 @ 2:20.
Clean lead guitar on the pre-outro, before the "right on" vocal.
:51QQ

View attachment 106873

View attachment 106874

View attachment 106875

View attachment 106876

View attachment 106877

View attachment 106878
All I have to say is maybe I will be a Monkeys Uncle, got notice mine arrives from seller this Friday June 28th.
Is the Blu Ray copy you got legit? You know how Blu Rays have that thicker softer smooth feeling. I know sounds sexual but best I know how to describe.
They also have a different color than a BD rom.

Is the Blu Ray copy you got legit?
You tell me when you get yours.

You know how Blu Rays have that thicker softer smooth feeling. I know sounds sexual but best I know how to describe.
They also have a different color than a BD rom.

I took the best photos I could of the inner ring and posted above.
Does that look like a BD rom to you?

For once something that sounds to good to be true, actually wasn't.
Congratulations to those that took the leap. I’m sorry I didn’t take the chance to $20 ( in hindsight).
At least the September release isn’t that expensive. Still have to wait until September though….,

Last edited:
For once something that sounds to good to be true, actually was.
I assume you mean it *wasn't too good to be true? The way you worded the sentence makes it seem like "actually was" refers to the concept of "too good to be true," rather than simply "true." So, "actually was true" would be clearer. Even "actually wasn't" wouldn't have made me scratch my head.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo and everyone else gets what you mean. Where's that hiding-under-the-chair emoji when you need it? 🪑😅

"I just came back today..."
- Jimi

I feel truly blessed.

Remembering old friends who I listened to this music with when it came out in 1971 on Rainbow Bridge who are no more in this world.

View attachment 106880

View attachment 106881
I never had the Rainbow Bridge LP back in the day, but a friend did. Years later, my brother scored me a CD copy that has a few bonus tracks. I have The Cry of Love and First Rays of the New Rising Sun, which is also streaming in Atmos on Apple Music, so I've had a lot of exposure to this material. Even though I'm supposed to get the set from Amazon in September, I went ahead and bought the blu ray on eBay. It arrived today, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I'll report back when I have. I had no problems ripping the songs and documentary.

jimi2.jpg

Back