ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven just posted the following on Facebook:

My remix of ABC’s classic 1982 album The Lexicon of Love is being released on 4th August (somewhat belatedly) for its 40th anniversary. The band's timeless debut delivered three UK top 10 hit singles: 'Poison Arrow', 'The Look of Love" and 'All of My Heart’, and enjoyed US success as well, with 'Poison Arrow' and 'The Look of Love’ reaching 18 and 25 respectively on the Billboard Hot 100. The Lexicon of Love was an early production by a producer that in many ways would go on to define the sound the eighties, Trevor Horn. Sonically it sounds impeccable, and in spatial audio I think it's a treat!

My stereo, instrumental, 5.1 and Atmos remixes can be found on a blu-ray included as part of a 4LP vinyl set released by Universal, who are also issuing a half-speed vinyl of the original mix. But if vinyl doesn’t interest you the good news is that there is also a standalone blu-ray edition exclusively available from Super Deluxe Edition. It will be No. 12 in their ongoing Blu-Ray Pure Audio series, following on from their releases of my remixes of Tears For Fears “The Hurting” (No.9) and Suede’s debut album (No.11). The SDE blu-ray additionally features the original 1982 mix of The Lexicon of Love in hi-res 96/24 stereo, whereas the blu ray in the vinyl box features video material instead, so each edition is unique. The contents of the SDE blu ray are as follows:

The Lexicon of Love – Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos Mix
The Lexicon of Love - Steven Wilson DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 mix (96/24)
The Lexicon of Love - Steven Wilson Stereo Mix in hi-res stereo (96/24)
The Lexicon of Love - Steven Wilson Stereo Instrumental mix in hi-res stereo (96/24)
The Lexicon of Love - Original stereo mix in 96/24

There is no pre-order window for the SDE-exclusive Blu-ray Audio of The Lexicon of Love this time, but it is strictly limited to 5,000 units worldwide, available on a first come first served basis.

I really, really didn't like this style of music back when it came out ("New Romantic"), since I was all about hard rock and metal at the time, but my tastes have changed to say the least over the years, and I listened to some samples with fresh ears and liked what I heard. Ordered. Sound quality and mix should be off the charts for this.

I actively avoided this band when the videos came up on MTV... which was pretty extreme for a while.

But time has changed me and I have an appreciation for it now. And my favorite words were included... “instrumental mix”.

A shame there’s a cap on the amount, but at least it’s a relatively high one compared to some earlier in the series.

Seems to be another winner for SDE, and I was happy to put in my pre-order.

I sure hope everyone who complained upthread about the 4LP/Blu-Ray edition pulled the trigger on this :)
I did! I wasn't even all that interested in clicking on this thread since I didn't expect good news. As soon as I saw the link, I ordered before reading any further.

And I sure hope the Who disc happens!

Funny that I found the "Poison Arrow" 12" remix in the Salvation Army a few months ago!
It did not have a cover but it was in pretty good shape...
LTc1NjkuanBlZw.jpeg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Back